cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with PhotoStitch (on OS X) when saving pictures

dee7kay
Apprentice

Hi,

I have a problem with PhotoStitch (version 3.2.6, currently under Mac OS X 10.9 but the problem has already existed under 10.8), which makes the software completely useless.

Stitching photos together works without problem. But when I save a stitched picture the software only saves a small part. It is the part which is by default used for cropping the picture before saving. I tried to drag and drop the frame which is used for cropping to the right position. I also tried to disable the cropping before saving. But no matter what I do, the output picture remains the same, i.e. only the default part for cropping.

I have added an example which shows the preview of the stitched picture and the frame for cropping, which is roughly a quarter in this example. As I said before when I save the picture I only get the little framed part, no matter if cropping is activated or not.

Screenshot PhotoStitch

It would be great if someone could help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

PViz
Apprentice

Hi all,

I think the cropping problem in Photostitch has to do with the resolution of the retina display on newer Macs.  The solution is to change the settings in Photostitch to low resolution.  Here is how to do it:

1.  Open Finder and locate the app (this can't be done in the dock.  For example, mine is located in:

Applications/Canon Utilities/Photostitch/Program/Photostitch.app

2. Right-click the app (or highlight the app and hit Command-i) to open the info window and select Get Info.

3.  Under General, check the box that says, Open in Low Resolution.  Close the window.

That's it!

The program now automatically centers the cropping window, as inidcated:

PhotoStitch.png

The final image is appropriately saved:

versailles1.jpg

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

You have a setting wrong.  Chech evereything carefully.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

ebiggs1 - please advise... what setting(s)?

One more thing to note...

Drag the crop box to the desired size, then simply click a zoom button, + or -

Your selected crop area will reset to the odd small selection in the upper-left no matter how you try to change.

dee7kay
Apprentice
Since there are no general settings in the application the only settings I can make are the ones when you export / save the picture. And I checked them dozens of times, trying out everything (as described above).

1.jpg

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I am experiencing what others are reporting, unclick "crop" and the image is still cropped. Position the crop box as instructed and the software ignores the new position and crops to the initial position of the crop box.

I am having the same problem. Today is the first day I have tried to use PhotoStitch. It seems very easy to use, but each time I save a pic, only the upper left hand corner is saved, even if I unchecked "crop."

Hoping a solution is posted soon.

I downloaded the latest version of Photostitch (3.2.7) and the problem is still there 😞

Canon please fix this as the software is useless with out being able to crop the stitched photo!

Terry

Same problem. 

Unfortunately the "adjust" feature does not seem to do anything. Change any settings, then the moment the box is closed, everything resets to default.

Beyond that, there is no indication of "what size is too large" or anything else that would prevent an image from being cropped.

This is very unfortunate - Photostitch is now unusable unless there is a way around this.

Announcements