cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with DDP4. Photos stuck in there.

petey303
Contributor

Hi . A new member to the Canon world. Bought the Eos 800d . Practised on a fuji fine pix and the old Canon 350. Both set up to store in raw. Runing a windows 7 desk top and used the windows ac wizard to convert to jpg and save. no probs .

I know want too edit raw and move on .  I have installed the soft ware , pictures show up and I can edit a picture but can not move from there.  Click on save , go back and nothing happens apart from the same image as edited .

In my picture libery it just shows the microsoft broken pic image. In my files it just shows a date folder. Imposable to convert from raw - jpg.  Microsoft shows various instructions ...change file name , done..no change. 

Also tried useing another picture editor that I know is ok  ...Gimp....just shows no images found that match your search.

Driver issue ?   Windows issue ?

Any help please ...thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

diverhank
Authority

After editing your RAW file, select under File the option "Convert and Save" where you can select the file type to be saved, including jpeg.

Here is where you can download an instruction manual for DPP 4.9 from Canon Malaysia (first link I found on internet)

Instruction Manual

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Thanks so much , will be very usefull for the future.

Photos still stuck in ddp4 .  Tried all the correct converting and saveing before . Can not move them , save or convert to a different format. All I can do is edit the photos and there stuck there .

Windows 7 my pictures just shows a folder date ,  click shows windows pic icon on all pics.  Pics are not converting to file or showing .

I'm sorry I am not much help here.  It sounds like a compatibility with your computer.  You don't happen to have a 32 bit Windows 7?  DPP4 is supposed to work with 64 bit only.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

64 bit computer

petey303
Contributor
Is it worth deleting all ddp4 programs and reinstalling?

An update on my problem  .

Looks like the problem is with my pc and not the software . Now instaled on a lap top and working fine .

Announcements