cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX50HS will not import photos to CameraWindow DC. Using USB cable, have windows 8.1.

Bibbee2
Apprentice

I am using a Powershot SX50HS. I was previously able to download my pics through CameraWindow DC without any issues. Recently I tried to transfer some photos through CameraWindowDC and it fails to import every time I try it. It won't import no matter what function I choose. I am using Windows 8.1 and have been to Canon to download updates recently to try and repair the problem. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Bibbee2, 

To get Autoplay to work every time instead of Camera Window DC, you would need to have Autoplay selected as the action which occurs when that device is connected.  This is done through the Control Panel, Autoplay.  Where you can tell the computer what you want done when its connected. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tim
Authority

1. Connect the camera's DIGITAL terminal to the computer's USB port using the [interface cable] supplied with your camera.

DIGITAL terminal on the camera

[Interface cable]

USB port on the computer

2. Press the <Power> button on the camera.

3. The following window appears.

Click [Downloads Images From Canon Camera].

4. The [Camera Window] startup screen will appear. Click [Transfer Untransferred Images].

To import the image selected or to use save as, click [Operate Images on Camera] (images are generally stored in the [My Pictures] folder).

5. Click [OK].

6. When downloading is complete, [ZoomBrowser EX] starts automatically.

The downloaded images will be stored in folders named for each shooting date, and will be displayed in the main window of [ZoomBrowser EX].

Browser area of [ZoomBrowser EX]

Folder in which images are saved

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Bibbee2
Apprentice

Hi Tim,

The autoplay screen does not come up at all when I hook up my camera to the laptop via USB cable. CameraWindow DC comes up automatically.

I can find autoplay if I go into PC and Devices. Devices does show that the camera is there. Autoplay has 3 settings. They are:

Removable Drive: open folder to view files (Explorer)

Memory Card: import photos and videos

Canon Powershot SX50HS: Download images from Canon Camera using CameraWindow DC

There are other choices available for all 3 categories. I did not jot them all down as they are numerous.

Any idea why the Autoplay screen does not come up as it should? Thanks for your help. I am at a loss to figure this out. Denise

Hello Bibbee2, 

To get Autoplay to work every time instead of Camera Window DC, you would need to have Autoplay selected as the action which occurs when that device is connected.  This is done through the Control Panel, Autoplay.  Where you can tell the computer what you want done when its connected. 

Hi Tim,

My autoplay was set up to use Camera Windows DC so I changed that to import photos and video. Now autoplay does come up. I am now able to import my photos to Photo Gallery and drag them to the appropriate folders. I did try Camera Windows DC and it still says "failed to import". So, I will circumvent that program and use Photo Gallery as it does what I need. Thanks, Denise.

same problem with my Powershot Elph 330 today using Windows 10.  I can use File Explorer to manually copy or as use suggested use the Windows Photo program to import the whole day directory,  But with both methods I cannot save edited photos with the Imagebrowser Ex program.  

If I am going to have to learn new programs after all this time, maybe it would be worthwhile to look at a new camera, including ones from other companies.  My brother in law has a nice Nikon.

by the way, this is the second time I wrote this.  I did not get any indication from the forum that you have to sign in until I tried to post and then it gave and error and lost my typing.  About as useful as the errors I get trying to store edited picture.

Announcements