cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing With DPP and 2 Questions

in4m8n
Enthusiast

Hi folks,

Have never used DPP but now with CR3 I am testing DPP and learning. Two questions please:

1. I'd like to double click a thumbnail or group of selected thumbnails and go to the Edit Window instead of the floating window. How can I set that?

2. I see nothing like the Post Crop Vignetting in LR which I use often. Am I missing that?

Thanks.

~Bob

13 REPLIES 13

You know, on second look Roger, yours may only be showing the folder as well and not the image name itself.

The image name shows up in the navigator pane at the bottom of the tool set in the lower right corner.   Here is a crop of the second screenshot when I had four files selected for the edit window.

If you hide the tools on the right, then you also lose the navigation pain with the file name in the bottom corner.  

I don't find the extra bar at the top of the page with the Edit image, print, save choices to be useful and if you click the arrow above it will hide those slightly increasing your usable screen area.  Control left takes out of the edit window back to the image browsing mode.

Rodgercropped.jpg

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Now THAT helps! I had the navigator at the bottom of the Edit panel. Movedto the top and suits my need. Thanks!

You are welcome!  DPP does a great job with RAW conversion and once you get used to it, you can work with it quickly.  It can't do everything PS can but I use it for a lot of images without further processing in PS.

One thing that slows it down even with a very fast machine is if you choose digital lens optimizer early in the process.  I suggest doing most of the edits and then run the optimizer near/at the end.  I am using a dual processor workstation with a lot of memory and a fast video card with a lot of CUDA cores and DLO still really slows the process.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements