cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playing With DPP and 2 Questions

in4m8n
Enthusiast

Hi folks,

Have never used DPP but now with CR3 I am testing DPP and learning. Two questions please:

1. I'd like to double click a thumbnail or group of selected thumbnails and go to the Edit Window instead of the floating window. How can I set that?

2. I see nothing like the Post Crop Vignetting in LR which I use often. Am I missing that?

Thanks.

~Bob

13 REPLIES 13

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

No on both counts. The only customizing of DPP is in the Preferences section. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the reply.

But unfortunate.

Is there any way to display the file name while editing? Not seeing that eother if I select several images to edit and move betwen images.

Thanks again.

If you select multiple images they show in the thumbnails and the selected image is highlighted. Does this do what you want?

683144D6-46A0-4D76-B20C-D5F5D8EA99FB.png

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks, but no. Prefer to hide the thumbnails and make use of the screen real estate. But no indication what image I am on. Would  be nice in the title bar or elsewhere.

It probably depends upon operating system and monitor/driver resolution but in my DPP setup the file name is visible in the Navigator pane in the lower right corner below the selected set of image tools.  I agree it would be nice to have the file name displayed at the top as part of the directory (or even instead of when in edit mode).

Rodger

can dpp.jpg

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thanks, but unless I am wrong you have only one image selected or the arrows would be live. Can you go to browse, select three or four, hit CTL-Right Arrow for Edit and see if that is still there? That is what would be useful for me so I can see which of the selected images I am working on without giving up all the real estate the film strip takes.

~Bob

Bob,

That  portion of the navigation window does remain with multiple images selected for editing, 4 selected in this case as indicated by the counter on the left bottom of the DPP screen.  

Rodger

Canon DPP 2.jpg

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Thanks again. Exactly what I would like, but does not do that for me.

image name

Announcements