cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE

monradon
Contributor

DOES ANYONE HERE USE OR TRIED THE PHOTO SOFTWARE FROM MAGIX ???

12 REPLIES 12

"If that is the case, forget Photoshop and Lightroom for now."

You know, I hear this all the time. Just because you or somebody finds PS/LR difficult, they think nobody can learn it. That's nuts.  If you don't learn editing software you can't really learn photography since it is so ingrained in digital.  PS is and can be as easy or as complete as you want it. Simple adjustments in PS is no more difficult than any post editor. In fact simple edits just might be easier.  There lesser programs, of course but if it is difficult to learn one or any, why make it double difficult by learning several. Start with PS/LR and stay there. The second part of my response is triggered by this comment.............

"But for serious amateurs and, dare I say, even some professionals there's a lot of alternatives..."

Actually there are no other choices if you are seriously considering photography in a professional business world. Photoshop/Lightroom are the industry standards.  Nothing else!  Universities and colleges and workshops have Photoshop courses.  They do not have Gimp or DXO or DPP4 courses. There is a reason.

On the other hand if you are a hobbyists or contemplating staying in the amateur world any post editor will do.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Just because you or somebody finds PS/LR difficult, they think nobody can learn it."

I never said any such thing. That's just you jumping to conclusions and trying to put words in other people's mouths again. It's a bad habit of yours and you should try harder to control your knee-jerk reactions. 

"Actually there are no other choices if you are seriously considering photography in a professional business world."

If you spent some time outside of your echo chamber, you'd know that pros all over the world use products other than Photoshop and Lightroom for their editing needs. There's a great big world outside of Bumpkin, Kansas, you know.

"On the other hand if you are a hobbyists or contemplating staying in the amateur world any post editor will do."

I knew you'd stumble onto the right answer eventually.

"I knew you'd stumble onto the right answer eventually."

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements