Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

I have a Mac,  OS Catalina version 10.15.4

Downloaded the software and ran the install. It only installed the rtf file and unstaller. No software :-(

I so want to use my canon m50 as a webcam

Not sure what i did wrong.

Your help is greatly appreciated

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Hi guys. Im using Catalina & an EOS R and I have a black screen on any software I try. Any idea how to fix this?

Highlighted
New Contributor

@SantaMichael : you wont find the soft. Just open an app able to use a webcab (PhotoBooth, Skype, …) and select the EOS utility as source
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you

I went to skype and show the EOS choice but only had a black screen

In Zoom and photobooth  the opption did show, major bummer

Back to the drawing board, I'm still very excited about this possabiltiy 

Highlighted
New Contributor

First, I sincerely appreciate this - it was not too long after the Windows version and very helpful. 

Second, it works on Mojave in Zoom natively (as opposed to what is listed).

Third, it works not only with my T7i, but also with my T2i - which is great. So now I can use that camera which is usually underutilized, as a webcam. And while face tracking may be a bit weaker, it's still leveraging my lenses and much better camera. So, since it worked with my T2i, I decided to check if it works with my 40D - and guess what, it works also with that!

So it works which way more cameras than listed. T7i is best (because of the face-detect AF). The T2i doesn't have an articulating screen either. And the 40D doesn't have video mode at all - and all settings need to be pre-configured (aperture, shutter, ISO), and the focus needs to be controlled manually - but all of these are still much better than not being able to use these excellent cameras as webcams.

I used to use Camera Live -> CamTwist, but this works faster. And, the Camera Live->CamTwist didn't render the T2i in 16x9 and didn't work at all with the 40D. So now this is much better!

I did have a question: What is the best video resolution to use on the camera? Since this isn't 1080p or 720p, does it even matter what the camera is set to? 

Thanks!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi, this is great to hear but I do not see the Rebel T6-S listed. Will this be included in a later update?

Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Awesome.. was looking forward to this! I've tried my camera before with Camera Live and CamTwist.. Ecamm has it built in, but way too expensive at their monthly price. Great to see Canon providing the solution as something that just works in the background.

For me, it works.. I have an M50. However, the video is mirrored when I view the feed through Google Chrome. On another note, would love for this to work with apps like ManyCam. We use ManyCam as a video switcher for art videos and live-streaming. A bonus would be the ability to view/edit settings of the video stream coming through, similar to how a Logitech webcam works with their little camera utilities. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I would simply try it - it may just work...
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Update: 5Ds, 2013 Macbook, trashed Zoom app., used Cheome and "open from browser", got the picture after a moment of the splash screen. On my MacPro, just the splash screen. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: T6s - EOS Webcam Utility Beta Mac

That's great, I'll try it out. Thanks.