Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Thanks for all this.  There was a hub in the path as I dind't have the cable with the micros USB on both ends.  Hope that helps! Thanks for clarifying it's just a driver.  As mentioned, the option shows up as a source, just not seeing the image.  thanks!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Okay, I got this to work by using the micro USB port on the M50. I was using the HDMI out, which seemed like the logical port to me, but no, it's USB. Hey Canon, might include that in the download notes, if you haven't already. Thanks for the input guys.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Does anyone else notice a very pronounced lag? I tried buying a Mini-USB to USB-C cable, to bypass my USB-C hub, and it didn't improve the lag at all.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did that.

I have

• EOS Webcam Utility Beta application for Mac installed and system rebooted.
  • the fully charged battery in
  • Canon m50 camera on
  • 15-45mm lens on camera
  • movie mode selected
  • usb cable connect to my computer,
  • EOS webcam beta selected in Quicktime.
  • I have an external mic selected.

Results:

• Audio records perfectly from external microphone.
  • Video is the text "EOS Webcam Utility Beta"

Ideas?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@themajorgear wrote:

I did that.

I have

• EOS Webcam Utility Beta application for Mac installed and system rebooted.
  • the fully charged battery in
  • Canon m50 camera on
  • 15-45mm lens on camera
  • movie mode selected
  • usb cable connect to my computer,
  • EOS webcam beta selected in Quicktime.
  • I have an external mic selected.

Results:

• Audio records perfectly from external microphone.
  • Video is the text "EOS Webcam Utility Beta"

Ideas?

I got it working on OBS but not Quicktime. My employer uses Slack, MS Teams , Webex for conference calls, so I'll test it with those next.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This driver (0.9.0) supports EOS 450D a.k.a. Rebel XSi a.k.a. Kiss X2 even if it not listed to be supported. Just download the driver from any of the supported cameras on Canon’s support page.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi!  Would you consider some of your older fans here?  please create a livestream firmware update for canon eos D5 mark II.  We would love to you the moon and back!  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Canon D5 Mark II is supported by CameraLive. Just use that instead.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you! I will try that!
Highlighted
New Contributor

CameraLive is designed for the crowdcast platform, I am not using crowdcast to stream. Smiley Sad . I have the magewell hdmi converter and also a good converter/switcher, too. The issue I am having is the camera doesn’t have a way to create clean HDMI output using either converter. There is a constant focus square in the middle of the screen that no one on YouTube or canon.com has help with removing. Plus, i lose function of the camera when set up with converter or switcher. It sounds like the beta version canon created for other cameras works well... and I think that would be a good solution for The D5 II. CanonCanada has a d5 mark II firmware solution and I don’t know if it is safe to download that firmware update to my
Camera?