Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

cameralive + camtwist (and many others) honestly feels like an easier option at the moment!
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

I agree that cameralive and camtwist are easier on Catalina for sure.  For certain apps on Mojave yes, but others are fine.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have a guide for the best settings to put our cameras on to make the best of indoor usage such as this ? I have an eos 90d.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Will the camera webcam Utility ever let do 4K or 1080p with 60 FPS. I only get a low res quality right now. It connect fine. And the image is a little choppy. Running Mojave with tons of processing and 32 GB ram.
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was having trouble getting this to work too as I only saw the splash screen with the 5D mk4.

If you go into Camera Menu, make sure to enable "Remote Control" - it is under Menu, SHOOT5:Movie, last option, "Remote Control".

Highlighted
New Contributor

Tried it for the first time a week ago.  Very few problems, and it worked great.  However, since then, I've tried to get it to work, and it does for a bit, then the video freezes, and that's the best I've been able to make it work.  Fruwstrating for now!  But, ecstatic once this works well ... and hopefully WITH the programs it currently isn't supporting.  Fix the glitches, and I'll be happy!

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got it working with Zoom, Skype, and GoToMeeting via Chrome. Did not work with QuickTime or OBS.

I am on Catalina 10.15.5

I posted a video demo to YouTube here

https://youtu.be/vTopsFknrRE

Highlighted
New Contributor

To use the web-based version in the chrome browser, is it just a matter of opening Chrome then logging in to ZOOM?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Would I be able to somehow get this to work with an Atem mini pro? We have it connected now and it work but we can not see our shot on the lcd screen on our SL2 we only see the shot on our video monitor.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't get this to work. I've tried it on both a 16" Macbook Pro and a Mid 2015 Retina. Both on Zoom and Skype, all I get is a mirrored splash image. Some thing's I've already tried from suggestions on this post:

- Turned on remote. No luck.

- Changed to 30fps. No luck.

- Flipped flip screen forward. No luck.

- Turned off Eos Utility from Activity Monitor. No luck.

- Changed lenses. No luck.

Out of ideas. Any other suggestions would be appreciated! I'm using an M50.