Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

This worked for me on an 80D after trying several things that did not work.

I also updated to lastest firmware 1.0.3 - and kept searching this forum while that happened and found this great suggestion.  Updated firmware, tried this next, and it worked!

Thank You Smiley Happy

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

When will a real MacVersion be available with support for original Mac Software like Safari and the OS Catalina?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: T6s - EOS Webcam Utility Beta Mac

I downloaded and installed the driver through the 6D Mark II link, but I'm guessing it may be the same driver for all. Just connect the USB cable to the "Digital" port on the camera. Also after installing, when you start up the application you're going to use with it, give it a "moment or two" before the image from the camera appears.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: T6s compatability?

I got it to work with my T6s - I did notice there is a delay between the time you start the app you're going to use and when the image from the camera appears.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Great step in the right direction! I've been using it with an EOS R and a late 2016 Macbook Pro running High Sierra. Couple of issues- it's been a bit glitchy getting a picture in video mode (using Skype and Zoom)- it seems to be reliable in stills mode, but in video mode I often have to switch between video M, video AV etc modes a few times before I get the video feed into Skype. Once I have it, it remains solid. 

The bigger issue is the video lag which means audio and video are significantly out of sync, making it pretty unusable for calls. Can anyone suggest a fix for this? I've closed all other apps and CPU usage is very low.

Highlighted
New Contributor

When would it be available for Zoom native app??? It does not work fine with all the functions in the web-based app.
Problems with audio in Firefox.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Can't install on 10.13.6 High Sierra

Can't open the pkg file - get the following error.  The operation coudn't be completed (com.apple.installe.pagecontroller error -1.)  Tried a few of the web fixes suggested for this error in general, but no luck.  Any suggestions?

The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1.).png

Highlighted
New Contributor

It kind of works.  For this to really work well it needs to communicate with the CoreVideo Fuction of MacOS X.  Once the video feed is usuable in CoreVideo, this thing will be the biggest game changer for video chat on Macs.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I sent you information in private message on codesigning Zoom.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Anyone using Camtasia? Once I installed the Beta app for Mac when I went to open Camtasia and do a recording the app would throw an error. Uninstall it and Camtasia works fine. It happens in both Camtasia 2019 and 2020 versions.