Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

@Waddizzle wrote:

@dagoldfishies wrote:

I did get it to work on my Mac Minni with OS 10.14.6 Majove but the sound is not working. 

There is no sound.  For a host of technical reasons, I seriously doubt if there ever will be.  

The Webcam Utility is "designed" to replace the "webcam" built into nearly every laptop today.  Computers had mic inputs, and later built-in microphones long beffore they put live video cameras into them.  They are totally independent devices.

I guess because most webcams include a microphone, people are going to be confused by this. The canon documentation is clear of course, but still...

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

@Hail_TX wrote:

I have used this with my Canon 7D MkII and a Canon EOS M50 without issue in Skype and ZOOM.  People are blown away by how my video looks even when scalled down to lower resolutions. 

My primary video application at work is BlueJeans and, unfortunately, the EOS WebCam driver is not seen by BlueJeans at all.

I have found this works best if I am not using a USB hub with a high-quality USB cable.  Mic and Camera need to be plugged directly into the PC for best performance.

My wish list is as follows:

• Find a way to enable audio through USB so we get better synch between audio and video.
  • Work on compatibility with BlueJeans.

BlueJeans supports "Virtual Webcams" which is what the cannon utility is. I see all the different webcam drivers i have in bluejeans, including the virtual, and "real" ones... I would suggest deleting and reinstalling Bluejeans...  it does work.. (Im in Catalina if that is relevant)

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have a T6s and running Mojave and current release works. When I have no image, one thing I do is to open QuickTime, go to New Movie Recording and select the Canon EOS Webcam. That usually enables the camera. I then open the application I want to use it with.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can i record to my memory card while using my T7i as a web cam?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Odd behaviour with 15.5.5 Catalina. 

Now that I've installed Cascable, suddenly I can select EOS Webcam Utility in the zoom desktop client as well. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

How shall i make it work ?

Screen Shot 2020-07-16 at 1.20.10 AM.png

Highlighted
New Contributor

have you figured it out?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Canon G5X MKii — I need this to work on the Zoom App
Highlighted
New Contributor

It works well with Canon 7D and ZOOM.
But I can not REC video with the camera itself.
Does anyonyone know if it is possible to record video (I need the video footage of the camera too) during connecting to zoom or any video conference apprication?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi

If you need to record you should first pipe it into OBS and then point your video conferencing app to the OBS virtual web cam which is then downstream...