Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Wow.  Thank you!   I've been trying to figure this out for far too many hours now Smiley Happy
Unselecting "use preset" option and selecting 29.97 fps was the exact ticket I needed for my M6 Mark II to work in OBS.  
2016 Macbook with Catalina 10.15.5 installed in my case.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

When it works its great (SL3 and Catalina) but often it takes a lot of fiddling about to get software to go from showing the Beta logo to showing the camera output. Even just a way to get the driver to take another look would be useful

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hardware: EOS M50 and a Macbook Air (the model with butterfly keyboard that everyone seems to hate) running MacOS 10.15.5 (Catalina).

Software: no EOS Utility, just EOS Webcam Utility Beta 0.9.0 for macOS

I had the same problem and this was how I troubleshoot mine.

0. If the computer is on, shut it down.

1. Turn the camera on with the screen flipping to face me, so that you I could see what's going on.

2. Turn the camera on, in manual mode (M) - not the video mode.

3. Adjust the focus/aperture/ISO so I could see myself.

4. Turn the computer on. 

5. If the screen of your camera went black (with the computer logo on the screen) - the camera has gone into Mass Storage Mode and the EOS Webcam Utility will not work after this.

6. Go to settings and find "Open Applications at login" - disable/remove everything (the culprit for me is Dropbox).

7. Restart  from step 0. Hopefully your M50 screen will be showing what the camera is pointing at and not go black again.

Hope this helps.

N.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello, I am having a problem with the OBS, and is that when I connect my camera (80d), OBS does recognize it, but after 2 minutes, it throws an error to my camera (Error 70) and I have to turn off and turn my camera back on. Doesn’t it cause you that mistake after having her use for a while?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Same issue, same model, even with web-based apps, i connect the camera, it works fine for about 2-3 minutes, and it disconnects, in some cases it throws the error 70.

I´m pretty sure it is a software issue, because the camera works fine, with the eos utility 3.
Highlighted
New Contributor

For me, once it works, it works.

It’s getting it to start working that is the problem sometimes.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is excellent feedback! You nailed it there! Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

A little off topic, but as everyone is trying to use this as a webcab, everyone is going to have a similar issue then i'm having. ie i have the camrea on a tripod, facing me. changing the setttings is a bit of a pain. Does the EOS Utility expose all the control functionality? I'd like to be able to change things like ISO, Focal Length without having to pick up the camera etc... My experience of trying to use the EOS Utility is thatit does not want you to be in Movie Mode to change many of the settings, which defeats the purpose...  Anyone have any luck? a remote which looks like the back of my camera would be what i really want!

Highlighted
New Contributor

EOS 1300D (DC coupler installed) with 15" MacBook Pro. Working very well with Microsoft Teams. Happy so far.

FaceTime support would be the icing on the cake...