06-17-2020 09:15 AM
I got OBS to work with my Canon M50. I'm on Catalina 10.15.5.
Here's how I got it to work.
1. Install Beta software/ reboot / turn on the camera / all of the obvious stuff
2. Open GoToMeeting APP. Start a meeting with GoToMeeting with EOS Beta Utility as the camera. It takes a few minutes for the image to start.
3. End the meeiting / Close GoToMeeting.
4. Open OBS. Add EOS Beta as Input Capture video device. Wait for it.... Boom, it works!
06-17-2020 09:17 AM
Thanks for checking in with us.
Was the camera intended to be sold in the US or purchased overseas or as an import model? Certain overseas versions might not work properly with the software.
06-17-2020 10:22 AM
Yes, the camera was bought in the U.S. with warranty card included.
One more thing I can note is that I'm using the HDMI port on the Retina MBP, and Thunderbolt port on th 16" MBP. They both give the same inverted splash screen.
Also, I only see the Uninstaller and EULA files in the EOS Utility application folder. Not sure if this is normal or not.
06-17-2020 02:34 PM
So this app has been great for me and I've used it for hours a day since the Mac release, but it would be even better if it started supporting native web conferencing clients. Any update on the roadmap for that? This tool has been out almost 2 months on Windows and almost a month on Mac. Would be great if Canon could preview for us, the roadmap to GA release including new features coming, support for native apps, etc. I'm still on the fence about whether this is just a toy or if it's a gamechanger that would truly negate me needing a Camlink or Magewell HDMI capture device.
- native app support (Zoom, Webex, Goto, Manycam, Facetime, QuickTime, etc.
- additional camera support (it feels like the download is the same for all cameras, even though you link to it from each supported camera's support page), even if firmware updates are needed to the cameras to allow them to be supported
- A small UI control panel with ability to control camera settings like ISO, Aperture, Scenes, etc without having to grab the camera to change settings. Even better if it could mimic the "Q" screen functionality (custom quick controls) on cameras that have that
- microphone support (to solve the delay or video/audio sync issues some are experiencing)
Thanks for the effort on this so far. A few improvements on a quick timeline and this could be an amazing tool and probably drive a lot of new camera sales!
Thanks for listening.
06-17-2020 02:53 PM
Application is not finding my 1DX Mark ii on my Macbook pro.
I uninstalled EOS Utilities after to try and remedy.
My camera just says "busy" when I touch any of the controls. Applications like OBS see Webcam Utility... but is just a dark void.