Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

[ Edited ]

I downloaded the beta (via one of the official supported models) and can confirm that it even works with EOS 450D/Rebel XSi!

Tip: try different usb cables and click the Set button if you don't get it to work right away.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Can you make it work also for vmix software as a camera input.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

This is about signing issues which lots of virtual webcams are having issues with. There is plenty of information on the web about this and how to fix. Zoom is updating to latest version. Skype you have to run it unsigned (no big deal really). No virtual webcam works with FaceTime
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Try CameraLive software or the Cascade Webcam Pro software
Highlighted
New Contributor

If your camera’s not listed, just try the software for the closest match. Worked for my friend with the Canon EOS 500D / 1Ti
Highlighted
New Contributor

Anyone know how long the battery should last for the T7i whilst using as a webcam? I thought the battery would be charged by the computer, but it seems not to be.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

You can get a ‘coupler’ + power supply for your camera (basically a fake battery). You can get these usb powered too. Have a quick look at eBay. They’re cheap. This is what people use, camera even has a little flap built in for the wire coming out next to the battery...
Highlighted
New Contributor

Sometimes drivers for things will work well enough for hardware they weren't specifically built for. Has anyone tried to run this with a T4i? If so, did it work?

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know, but what I know on my Canon SL3 don't charge and it doesn't last couple hours. Fix it doing this: I bought it form my Canon SL3, but that one on the link below is for you camera, I think.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta and Webex/Zoom on MacOS (Catalina)

Getting the EOS Webcam Utility to work on Zoom and Webex will require a command line intervention. 

Simpy run the command below in a terminal window, and restart the app in question (possibly two times). It will ask you again to grant access to microphone and system camera, and after that should recognize the external camera. 

sudo codesign --remove-signature /Users/<insert user>/Library/Application\ Support/WebEx\ Folder/T33_64EC_40.4.12.8/Event\ Center.app

Two things to note: first, the way Webex is implemented can be clunky and complicated, with multiple clients buried in your system (Webex Meetings, Webex Events, and more). Make sure to perform the codesign on the right app. I had to reconstruct the path of the specific Webex app that my browser pulled up via some meeting link — by right-clicking the app, do show finder, then drag-and-dropping the app into the terminal window to get the path — then run the signature removal. Webex Events, strangely, then required two restarts before accepting the input from my EOS. 

Second, the codesign didn't work for the most recent Skype version for me. I needed to downgrade and disable auto-updates. Very annoying, but worked.