Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

We need originam M6 support for this software! Please!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

same for me. can't get it to recognize the m50 at all. Is it not compatible yet?

Highlighted
New Contributor

how are you getting yours to recognize the m50. all i get is a beta screen and no camera
Highlighted
New Contributor

did you get it to work on OBS?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Will you ever be able to use this with the Canon Powershot G7x Mark II, I see the compatibility for the III but just got the II for Christmas. Would love to be able to live stream with this camera without having to spend a ton of money. Help!?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have been using the EOS Webcam Utility with great success from the release until today.  No apps are able to accept the webcam utility.  Some apps no longer show it as an option (Skype, Zoom - both were working as late as yesterday).  Qlab crashes upon entering a Camera cue using the Webcam Utility.  OBS only shows a black input (not the Webcam Splash screen).

I uninstalled the Webcam Utility, restarted, Reinstalled, restarted.  - Got the same results.

EOS Utility is not installed and of course not running.

Mac OS 10.14.6

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Can't install on 10.13.6 High Sierra

[ Edited ]

@psyentific: Try re-downloading. Errors like this one could indicate a corrupted download. Also, check which program expands the zip archive. On my machine (also High Sierra 10.13.6) the genuine MacOS expander is used and the installation works without any problems. If in doubt, try The Unarchiver, it understands a lot of archive formats and is usually my best option.

Tell me if you got it working

Cheers, Victor

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did some more tests on a second machine:

• MacOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra)
  • MacMini 2011 (USB 2.0 only)
  • PowerShot G5X-II
  • No tweaks of any kind and no Xcode installation.
  • No EOS utility.
  • Image transfer utility installed but not running.

(+) I have Zoom (Desktop app v. 5.0.2), Skype, Quicktime and Firefox working.

(-)  Safari, FaceTime and Wildix are not working.

Observations:

• Zoom and Quicktime support is a bit shaky, sometimes it is necessary to turn the camera on once before it is recognized.
  • Image quality is, of course, excellent.
  • To a large extent the camera can be used normally:
  • Shooting modes, including creative filters, are normally available.
  • AF (shutter half press) and the zoom lens can be operated. Continuous AF works, too.
  • Pressing the shutter button takes a picture. However, the picture is not sored on the card!
  • Using the menus (Q-Menu or Menu button) sometimes works, sometimes this will lead to the camera turning off and back on after a few seconds. One time, using the menu froze the camera until I unplugged it from the computer.

I then tried to connect my trusty old G1X-II, bit this didn't work. The computer talks to the camera, but it never gets as far as extending the lens and sending a live video feed. The camera is unusable as long as its connected. Has anyone got older, not officially supported cameras to work. I have an EOS 5D-II lying around...

All in all, it's already excellent for a beta, if still a bit unstable. @Canon: Is there any information that could help you? Like logs or  debugging mode?

Regards, Victor

Update: EOS 5D-II is working, too! Controls are iinactive initially until you turn on the screen, after that AF is usable. Quite cool!

Highlighted
New Contributor

It would be great if the utility supported older camera models. I have a Powershot G16 that I don't use which would make a great webcam.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Tested the software on 2017 Macbook Pro w/ macOS Catalina v 10.15.16 (Beta) and 6D II. Worked well with Google Chrome! 

Thank you Canon for making the software and make streaming at a higher quality possible.