Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

M50 works on browser version of Zoom! Will try and see if OBS recognizes it, as I'd love to use it for streaming YouTube/Twitch.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Note: Using 2015 13" MacBook Pro with newest version of Catalina
Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm using a Canon 80D with Mac OS X Catalina.

1.  With OBS, all I got was the EOS Webcam Utility Beta splash screen.

2. Then I tried Zoom (to which I had applied the codesign hack to make it work with virtual webcams). It worked!

3. Then I tried OBS again. It didn't work -- all I got was the splash screen.

4. Then I tried Zoom again. This time it didn't work -- all I got was the splash screen.

5. Then I tried Quicktime.  Didn't work -- only splash screen.

6. I went back to Zoom -- splash screen only.

Note: I have previously been using the combo of Camera Live & CamTwist, and that combination worked with Zoom, OBS, and Quicktime (and the combo continues to work).

Highlighted
New Contributor

T6s - EOS Webcam Utility Beta Mac

I'm running the EOS Webcam Utility on a Mac - 10.14.6 (Mojave).

Even though it's not on the list, it's working with the EOS T6s.

I've tested it with Microsoft Teams and Zoom in the Chrome browser and they both work fine with it.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]
same here. with a canon 250D / SL3 & Catalina 10.15.5

"I'm using a Canon 80D with Mac OS X Catalina.

1.  With OBS, all I got was the EOS Webcam Utility Beta splash screen.

2. Then I tried Zoom (to which I had applied the codesign hack to make it work with virtual webcams). It worked!

3. Then I tried OBS again. It didn't work -- all I got was the splash screen.

4. Then I tried Zoom again. This time it didn't work -- all I got was the splash screen.

5. Then I tried Quicktime.  Didn't work -- only splash screen.

6. I went back to Zoom -- splash screen only.

Note: I have previously been using the combo of Camera Live & CamTwist, and that combination worked with Zoom, OBS, and Quicktime (and the combo continues to work)."

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's also worth noting that when this does work, the resolution is 1024x576 (pal settings here).
even though my camera is set to 1080p 50

It would be nice if we could get audio from the camera as well especially since newer macs don't have an audio input jack anymore, that might not be a problem to use the built in mic on macbooks, but mac mini and other macs don't have mics. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

My old Canon G9 is not listed.
I would convert it in a webcam.
Will it be compatible with Webcam Utility some day?
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just installed, and it works great with my 80D.

However, how do you change the camera settings once the video is started? I tried to change the aperture with no effect, I even tried to set the aperture before connecting the camera, the value is not taken into account. Plus, no autofocus or face tracking, only manual focus?

I might not have found the settings, or it's because the soft is still in beta, but I think they should be available

Highlighted
New Contributor

Why is M100 not supported?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Same problem. MacPro, Google Chrome, Zoom on line and when I select EOS Webcam Utility Beta I see only the spash screen.