Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Congratulations on the quick spin for the Mac version!  How about M5 support? :-)  I've got a 5DIV but it's too bloody big on my desk :-)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: *Now Available for Mac* EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Well, works fine on my old iMac with Mojave and both my 5D Mark 4 and my 7D mk2, but no joy on my new 16" macbook pro with Catalina.  Google Meetings sees the software for the camera, but the camera never kicks out of what looks like disk mode into video like the other computer does.

Anyone else get it working on a Catalna mb pro?  And if so, was it an upgraded from Mojave or a clean Catalina install?  I ask because I've seen some difference in how Adobe Lightroom acts in Catalina depending on whether it was a clean install or upgrade (upgrade worked better)

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would love to see a feature added where the computer can use the camera's microphone or a microphone that is plugged into the camera. 

I would also love to see this being compatable with FaceTime on the mac, since there is the ability to do group FaceTime's. 

In my testing, the M50 works with the Zoom Mac app, it just needs to be selected as the video source. 

Thanks,

Dennison

Highlighted
New Contributor

Catalina with 16 inch MBP here as well but with Canon M50 and it doesn't work too. It sees the canon software but no signal from the camera even though the camera shows plugged on the screen

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

It's working fine with my 2018 13" Macbook Pro which was Mojave and upgraded to Catalina.  I installed the Utility, rebooted, connected my 5DM4, and voila.  It worked immediately.

Highlighted
New Contributor

No luck so far with the EOS SL3 (MacOS Catalina)

Is the recommended IFC-600PCU cable required, or is it simple a Canon branded micro usb cable?

Highlighted
New Contributor

EOS 6D  +  MacOS 10.13.6  +  Zoom

OMFG!!! This is AMAZING,

Thank you Canon!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Canon EOS M50 + MacBook Pro 16 on Catalina

It works. Picture is great. But I learned that you have to have the back screen open on the camera, which seems like a pointless battery drain. But, if you close the screen, the M50 seems to at least partially shut down every 15 seconds or so (the green indicator light comes on momentarily, then the video freezes, sends you to the black Beta Utility screen, then the video restarts -- in an endless loop about every 15 seconds). Open the screen again, and all is fine.

Other issue: The video lags behind the audio. It's only a small amount in Facebook Live, but it's noticeable. In Teams and Zoom and StreamYard, it's pretty significant and looks bad. This really adds impetus to the request others have made to have the audio come from the camera, not the MacBook Pro's microphone. Until that's fixed, I'd have to use some sort of software to delay the audio so the video can catch up.

Nice first try, though.

(Note: this comment was edited and completely rewritten after I discovered the need to open the screen).

Highlighted
New Contributor

Great - and this is just the Beta version!

With my 5-D Mark IV, MacBookPro Mid 2012 + 10.13.x (High Sierra), now Zoom (native app) works !

This just saved me hundred of dollars on an HDMI to USB-C/Thunderbolt interface, [which are on a long waiting list.]

This should suffice for a good while. Just tried a short conference with my wife on her laptop - my IQ is terrfiic. Have not looked into AF, AF tracking and such options yet. Did note that when swapping Zoom settings from AUDIO to VIDEO, the camera went blank for a few seconds.

To date, I have been using a Canon HV40 camcorder with Firewire 400/800  directly into the Mac - this works with Zoom, but with the 1440-1080 aspect ratio, (non square pizels) I need to use the STDdef setting (not HDV) for a "square" proportional look. Funny that no new cameras connect with firewire anymore... But I would still need and HDMI converter/capture card to use my XF100 or C100... for now, the 5D Mk IV is da bomb!

Thanks, Canon!

Highlighted
New Contributor

• When using EOS Webcam Utility Beta software with your camera, the video source image will not be visible if the EOS Utility application is running on your computer.  For EOS Webcam Utility Beta software to perform correctly, you need to “Quit" the EOS Utility.

Is Canon's utility app running in the background?