cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No EOS Utility software for my mac

mferchen
Apprentice

I need to download photos from my Rebel xti/400D to my macbook pro. I found and downloaded EOS Utility ver. 2 and when I connect my camera the only option not greyed out is monitor folder. I can't select start download or select download.  This was the only EOS Utility I could find. When I go on the canon site it says it can't find any EOS Utility software available for Mac OS 10.14. I have read that they don't make this software for newer os versions. I have tried it on a PC also, even selected old versions of OS and it says there is no utility for the OS I have selected - I have tried almost all of them.  I have my step-daughters senior pictures on this camera and I just need a way to transfer them to any laptop. I can't loose these photos. What are my options??? HELP.

I can download Digital Photo professional, and picture style editor, but can't find a way to download these valuable photos.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Downloading the photos is a convenience, not a necessity. You can always use a USB card reader and pick them directly off the card.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Thanks, I guess I should have checked to make sure things were able to be downloaded before I took the photos. I have ordered a reader from Amazon, hopefully that does the trick. Downloading the photos is a necessity in my case at this point, unfortunately.

Thank you for your follow up

I have never needed any special software for any of my Macs or my Canons. It is always plug and go. Image Capture opens iPhoto or Photos directly. The only time I ever needed to change that was before HoodahGeo could geocode images in my library directly.

Announcements