cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Eos utility wont work on El Capitan Macbook pro, Canon t5, CD wont install software

woodrm2
Apprentice

I got my Canon t5 January 2016, I recently found out it includes Eos Utility. I have the physical CDs. 

Today I inserted the solution disk to install the software, but when I clicked "Set up" nothing happens... it'll open something on my dock and then dissapear. It just won't install or anything at all!

Please help! 

I am running Mac OS El Capitan! 

6 REPLIES 6

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Woodrm2,

Thank you for Posting!

You may access the EOS Solution Disk and software for your camera by clicking here.  Once on this page, please scroll down to "Drivers & Downloads", then locate the drop-down operating system selector.

Once on our site, please choose "OS X Yosemite", then click on software to access "EOS Digital Solution Disk Software 29.1A for Mac OS X..".  Next, click on the [Select] button to the right, then click on "" (in red) for installation instructions.

Once you've installed the EOS Digital Solution Disk Software, please use the drop-down menu to select your computer's operating system, the install the software updates for your camera.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've tried this a few times, but everytime i go to open it, I click it, and nothing ever pops up. It shifts my dock on the bottom of my mac like something is going to open, and then nothing ever opens! 

@woodrm2 wrote:

I've tried this a few times, but every time i go to open it, I click it, and nothing ever pops up. It shifts my dock on the bottom of my mac like something is going to open, and then nothing ever opens! 

Is it possible that you're inadvertently telling the program to look for an actual CD, rather than an installation file or folder? The noise from the dock suggests that it's trying to query an actual (or hypothetical) CD reader.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

That may be the problem! when I click the updater, it asks to look for a CD, but says none is found! 

PhotoInParadise
Contributor

Your disks are probably too outdated for El Capitan.  You can get the latest applicable software from Canon's website.  I just went there and downloaded DPP 4.30 this afternoon and I have El Capitan on my Macbook Pro.  Once download is complete you can double click on it in your Download sidebar on your Mac.

My Gear: 70D, 24-70mm f/4L, 70-200 f/2.8L, 430 EX III RT Speedlight

Darbz
Apprentice
Hey did you get it fixed? I'm still having trouble. I'm running os x 10.11 El Capitan and a 60D canon. I've followed all the steps and also other links but everytime i get to the uploader tab nothing launches I download the 2.14 version and also changed the settings to allow apps but nothing I'm so frustrated now
Announcements