cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple EOS Utility Programs at once?

dthielemier
Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I have a really quick question.  I have a project where I have 4 Rebel T3I's connected to a machine and want to know if there is a way to launch an individual EOS Utility application for each one.  When I first launch the utility, it asks me to choose which device I want to use.  To save time by closing and re-opening the application to choose a different device, I'd like to just run four applications simultaneously.  It's not the end of the world if I can't, it would just make life a little easier.  

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dthielemier,

You are correct.  Multiple instances of EOS Utility cannot be launched to connect to multiple different cameras.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert
Hi dthielemier, The EOS Utility is cannot access more than one camera at a time. I regret any difficulty this causes. Richard
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

dthielemier
Apprentice
Richard,

So there is no way to launch multiple applications, with each accessing a different camera?

dthielemier,

You are correct.  Multiple instances of EOS Utility cannot be launched to connect to multiple different cameras.

dthielemier
Apprentice
That's what I needed to know. Thank you.

kristinh
Contributor

I too would like to do this. I like to have one camera on me, and one overhead. I wonder why this is not possible. It seems like after 7 years since this post, this should be possible. Currently I have to use only one camera overhead, and my laptop camera for the main. Perhaps I should not have purchased 2 canon cameras.

Announcements