cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Main webiste is offline all day for maintainance? Anywhere else to get EOS webcam install?

RobertJackson
Contributor

The main USA webiste is offline all day for maintainance?

Anywhere else to get EOS webcam install?

Any ETA on the website being turned back on?

14 REPLIES 14

RobertJackson
Contributor

The link is to the webpage for the webcam software. Anyone have the direct link to the download by chance?

Yes, I'd be interested to see if anyone has the webcam software for mac available for download.

RobertJackson
Contributor

Normally a website upgrade is stood up on a second server and then flipped to production after being UAT'ed. It's been at least 8 hours that the main web site has been offline. All the technical support resources are unavailable. This seem kind of strange that a company would allow this kind of front facing outage for more than a few minutes.

Anyone know how long the sites been down? Or if it's coming back up today?

Their network was hacked, and is currently being held ransom until they either pay or restore everything.

https://www.techradar.com/news/canon-hit-by-huge-ransomware-attack-user-data-apparently-stolen

This has happened to several large companies. What usually happens is they will try to restore the network and (a) have good backups of everything, and be back online relatively quickly, or (b) realize their backup strategy wasn't that great, and they will wind up paying the ransom several days later.

See Garmin and Honda for a few other recent examples of this.

RobertJackson
Contributor
Wow. OK.
Thanks for the reply.
I am very familiar with the Honda situation.

leanandkeen
Apprentice

I'm just trying to download the driver for my printer. This situation is totally unacceptable!  I just bought a brand new Canon PIXMA MX922 printer that I cannot even use and have to get some grant appications done! This outage for me has been since Wednesday of this week when I tried to download the driver for the printer.   I spoke with one their tech workers that day who admitted that the problem was on their end , to call back later, and that 20+ more people were due into work to work on the problem.  At first I thought that the problem was storm related but in seeing one of the other posts, it appears that it is a hacking issue.  I submitted a complaint to the FTC on Thursday to hopefully give this problem some greater visibility because it was terrible that the system was down for 24 hours and no help is being offered!. 

Does anyone have any assistance that they can provide? 

Hi, leandandkeen!  You can download the drivers and applications for your PIXMA MX922 at https://ij.start.canon

Hope this helps!

Hello Danny,

Thank you for your post and assistance but that site does not have the MX922 in its MX series.  It only goes as high as MX538.  Keep getting this message--> "Could not find the product. Enter the product name correctly."

Thanks for catching that.  Our friends at Canon Canada have got what you need.  Get the PIXMA MX922 drivers and software from our neighbors to the north right HERE.

Announcements