cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for photo edit to replace Zoom Browser,not Image Browser.

MaggieDonuts
Apprentice
I'm looking for a photo editor to replace Zoom Browser which I loved. Image Browser is not the same. Tried Picasa but having trouble cropping. Suggestions Appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

cicopo
Elite

I'm a long time Picasa user. What is giving you problems when cropping? There's a menu setting for each common size of crop plus the option to do it manually.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

So sorry but I missed the "Manual" drop down on the Crop icon.  However, I'm still having problems trying to upload a photo to my Facebook page.  They require at least 180 pixels wide and when I do that I only get the face from the lips up!

Before you go out and spend money, you should try Canon's Digital Photo Professional. It has the best cropping tool I've seen, and resizing is easy and straightforward as well. It doesn't have redeye correction, but you can always use one of the shareware editors for that. (I use Irfanview.) Unlike you, I hated Zoombrowser. If you could manage to get along with that dog, you'll be fine with DPP.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

It appears that since I have a PowerShot ELPH 1300 the only software I can download for this camera is Image Browser.  I couldn't find a way to download DPP.  Thanks for the help but it appears that Picasa is my best alternative so far.

Announcements