cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightroom 5.7.1 vs Digital Photo Professional 4

BrianMcKenna
Contributor

I viewed the same RAW image in both Lightroom 5.7.1 and DPP 4.  The image as viewed through LR had weak colors.  When I viewed the same image in DPP 4, the image had great colors, sharpness etc. more in line with my in camera settings?  Has anyone else had this happen?  My camera is a 7D mk2 with a EF 24-105 L lens.  Any information would be apprecitated.

15 REPLIES 15

Thanks Bob.  Making the adjustments you suggested in Lightroom worked great.  Although I do have to admit, I kind of like Dr too.  The latest version is pretty good.

Thanks

Brian

@BrianMcKenna wrote:

Thanks Bob.  Making the adjustments you suggested in Lightroom worked great.  Although I do have to admit, I kind of like Dr too.  The latest version is pretty good.

Thanks

Brian

Glad they worked for you. But actually, those were Waddizzle's suggestions; he's the Lightroom user. I rely on DPP and have never used LR.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TY OP for a great thread! Glad to hear that, Bob because I really don't want to have to pay for LR when I already bought Luminar Learning it and loving it) so I am glad to hear that you like DPP4. I just downloaded it when I bought the 6d mark ii.

Thanks Bob

The image in DPP is so much better than the same image in LR.  Not even close.  DIsappointing, because I like LR.

Thank you.

Announcements