Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.JPG Downloaded from Internet Green

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have a strange anomoly in DPP.  Tested with versions 4.12.20 and 4.12.60.  File grabbed from the Ibis website on the web.  Displays correctly in other software.  Trying to figure out what DPP is interpreting incorrectly (white balance, color profile), etc?

DPP_4.png

mojo HD5.jpg

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

7 REPLIES 7

Ray-uk
Whiz

It would be helpful if you could give more information about the file location so that we can download the file for ourselves. A google search for ibis turned up a lot of hotel sites and of course information about the birds.

HI Ray,

Thanks  Its an ibis Mojo HD5

https://www.ibiscycles.com/bikes/mojo-hd5

Select gallery. Its the third image

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

That is just crazy! I snatched the image, looked at it and messed with it in DPP 4. I opened it in another program and just saved it (no editing) and it opened properly in DPP 4. I know that isn't what you asked, but I did it anyway.

FD

Bike Example - resaved.jpg

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Ray-uk
Whiz

I grabbed the picture using "save image as" in Firefox browser. Tried displaying it with DPP and got the same green image, with Paintshop Pro and Fastone Image viewer it displays in the proper colours.

I did nothing to the image apart from rename it and saved copies from Paintshop pro and Fastone.Both copies displayed properly in DPP. I then did a binary comparison on both copies and the original to find they were almost totally different in every respect.

The worrying thing is that the copies were about 40K smaller than the original, although I had both Paintshop pro and Fastone set to the highest quality output I wouldn't expect any slight compression to make that much difference.

I do wonder if the image contains adware that is designed to trigger something in the web browser, I don't think it is a DPP problem and would advise that you delete the original image from your PC.

In future it may be better to do a screen capture rather than "Save image as".

@Ray-uk wrote:

I grabbed the picture using "save image as" in Firefox browser. Tried displaying it with DPP and got the same green image, with Paintshop Pro and Fastone Image viewer it displays in the proper colours.

I did nothing to the image apart from rename it and saved copies from Paintshop pro and Fastone.Both copies displayed properly in DPP. I then did a binary comparison on both copies and the original to find they were almost totally different in every respect.

The worrying thing is that the copies were about 40K smaller than the original, although I had both Paintshop pro and Fastone set to the highest quality output I wouldn't expect any slight compression to make that much difference.

I do wonder if the image contains adware that is designed to trigger something in the web browser, I don't think it is a DPP problem and would advise that you delete the original image from your PC.

In future it may be better to do a screen capture rather than "Save image as".

I looked at both the original "save file as" from Firefox and the converted file that looked ok in DPP with UltraEdit, which is an ASCII / Hex editor. Some of the header info in the converted file was deleted or shifted. The shifted info was moved deeper in the file, e.g., color space, ICC profile, sRGB reference, etc. I noticed in the original from the web site, there was a reference to a Hewlet-Packard 1989 copyright and a URL to the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). I couldn't find that in the converted file, but it still could have been there, I just might have missed it. The downloaded file looks safe.

I think some of that extra header info confuses DPP, especially the color profile. It seems that I read, on this forum, that people were having trouble opening some tiff files with DPP.

FD

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

Greetings,

I think FloridaDrifter is correct.

I already know there is nothing wrong with the site and have no reservations about its safety or content.  

Its something to do with interpretation.  Thanks for lookng at it guys.  I appreciate it.

HD5.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

@shadowsports wrote:

Greetings,

I think FloridaDrifter is correct.

I already know there is nothing wrong with the site and have no reservations about its safety or content.  

Its something to do with interpretation.  Thanks for lookng at it guys.  I appreciate it.

You are welcome. There is usually a clue in the file header, and I like looking Smiley Happy

Announcements