Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Magic Lantern Safe ? Recomanded ?

Janabi79
Contributor

Good day to you all ,

I am asking if anybody can hep & advise for about the magic lantern ,

for my side i got to know that usually have good feature in video mods ,

Howvere , i am not videographer , and i only shoot single images & intersestd in timelapse photography ,

My camera is Canon 6D .

honestly if i will download this software to my camera , this to use the itervalometer feature comes with this software .

as i can see its better that  wired remote ,

if any body can recommand this or highlight another features in magic lantern , will be greatful .

regards 7 have a nice weekend everybody

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Janabi79 wrote:

Good day to you all ,

Howvere , i am not videographer , and i only shoot single images & intersestd in timelapse photography ,

My camera is Canon 6D .

honestly if i will download this software to my camera , this to use the itervalometer feature comes with this software .as i can see its better that  wired remote ,

if any body can recommand this or highlight another features in magic lantern , will be greatful .

You will have to make this decision on your own.

There are pros and cons to Magic Lantern.  There are people who feel strongly one way or the other.  You alone will have to weigh the risk/reward factors associated with installing it in your camera.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with using a wired remote with intervalometer.  It allows me to make changes without disturbing or touching the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Janabi79 wrote:

Good day to you all ,

My camera is Canon 6D .

honestly if i will download this software to my camera , this to use the itervalometer feature comes with this software .

For the most part it is safe. However, there is a very very slight chance you could brick your camera. 

In my opinion unless you are doing video, I would skip it. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Janabi79 wrote:

Good day to you all ,

My camera is Canon 6D .

honestly if i will download this software to my camera , this to use the itervalometer feature comes with this software .as i can see its better that  wired remote ,

You will have to make this decision on your own.

There are pros and cons to Magic Lantern.  There are people who feel strongly one way or the other.  You alone will have to weigh the risk/reward factors associated with installing it in your camera.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with using a wired remote with intervalometer.  It allows me to make changes without disturbing or touching the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Janabi79 wrote:

Good day to you all ,

My camera is Canon 6D .

For the most part it is safe. However, there is a very very slight chance you could brick your camera. 

In my opinion unless you are doing video, I would skip it. 

Peter
Authority
Authority

Perhaps a question to ask at Magic Lantern forum?

Are third part batteries or lenses safe to use? Is a Canon firmware safe to update? One important thing with Magic Lantern and the 6D is to wait 2-3 seconds after you have opened the memory card door, before you remove the SD card.

I use Magic Lantern for my 6D. Dual ISO (larger dynamic range), Auto Exposure to the right and Focus stacking (100 pictures in 7 minutes) are some moduls I like. And of course being able to use the SET button as a shortcut for center focus point. With my 7D also image encryption on the fly is possible to do.

Announcements