cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Setup

kellydj
Apprentice

I installed the web cam utility.  It looks like it installed ok. Connected my 7d mark ii.  Don't see where the application is to start it.  Is there any sort of user guide for the application?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You don't "start it", it allows your computer to be used as a webcam for other apps like Zoom.

View solution in original post

Hi, kellydj! EOS Webcam Utility simply provides a live picture. For sound, you'll need to connect a separate microphone or audio source to your computer.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You don't "start it", it allows your computer to be used as a webcam for other apps like Zoom.

I had initially thought it was an application, since it calls itself a utility.  But apparently it is essentailly drivers.  In any case I installed OBS.  I was able to select my camera for video but not for audio.  Is that normal so they encourage the use of an actual micophone or is something not detected correcly there as well?

Hi, kellydj! EOS Webcam Utility simply provides a live picture. For sound, you'll need to connect a separate microphone or audio source to your computer.

Hope this helps!

I guess my only follow up question would be why do tutorials only mention using the USB output instead of the HDMI?  Is that because most people don't have a capture card that would suppor it.  Thanks so much for helping getting Canon cameras more useful with utilities like this.  

Announcements