cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImagebrowserEX does not load pictures

wouter
Apprentice

Recently I bought a new Canon Eos 6d. With it came Canon's Imagebrowser EX software.

It installs alright, but when I start it, it asks for default folders to load pictures from. I select a folder, press OK, then it starts searching for the pictures on my computer. Almost immediately a message pops up that reads "Imagebrowser EX doesn't work anymore". I run Windows 7, 64bit.

I tried:

• uninstalling en reinstalling the software, both from the solutions disk and the Canon website
  • upgrading .net framework to 4.5
  • setting different folder as the default folder for Imagebrowser (even a folder with just ten pictures in it).
  • Contacting (Dutch) Canon support. This wasn't very helpful as the stated it was so clearly a pc /windows issue.

The Zoombrowser software that came with my 350d years ago, still worked for me. Unfortunately it does not support the 6d.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

ReyAzada
Apprentice
I too recently (June 2014) purchased the Canon EOS 70D bundle from Costco. I made sure the USB is attached and the [Canon EOS 70D] icon is displayed in My Computer in Windows 7 Explorer. After clicking the ImageBrowserEx short cut the following transpired: 1. the [Initial Setup] sub-window with changing message [Starting 20%, 40%, 60%, 80% and 100% Completed] is displayed. 2. Thereafter, another sub-window is displayed with with two choices to select one of two options: [Add Pictures/My Pictures folder] or [Add a user set folder]. 3. I tried both options in different scenarios and get the same results after I click OK: 3.1. an icon is displayed in All Images (only for [Add Pictures/My Pictures folder] option) 3.2. Counting Images is displayed 3.3. "searching" is displayed at the message area of the ImageBrowser EX window for two seconds 3.4. then the error [ImageBrowserEx has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. [Close program]   I read your Canon Requirements elsewhere in the forums and believe that my system meets your requirements, even after after CLOSING ALL WINDOWS APPLICATIONS before starting the ImageBrowser EX program. Details of my laptop are: · Manufacturer/Model: HP ENVY 6 Notebook PC · Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU@ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz · Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB · System type: 64-bit Operating System · Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium. · Service Pack 1. (I have two older Canon SLRs and decided to get the Nikon D7100 last month but after being impressed with the YouTube comparisons of the Nikon D7100 vs Canon 70D, and surprised that three of the Costco Stores in my area SOLD OUT of the 70D, I was convinced that I had to get my hands on the 70D). I'm still testing the two new bundled SLR packages and have yet to view my pictures using the ImageBrowserEx software that came in the CD. Your suggested FIX is appreciated.

Hi ReyAzada!

Thank you for the post.

Were there any more specifics in the error box Windows displays before shutting down the program?

Do you have this problem when you run ImageBrowser on other computers?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements