cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageBrowser Database files and SQLITE3

André
Contributor

Hello there,

Has anybody tried to access the ImageBrowser 1.5.2 IBX database files using SQLITE3?

If I do so, SQLITE3 displays "ERROR: file is encrypted or is not a database etc"

For a long time I have a DB2 database system with all characteristics about my pictures. I use a (REXX) program to generate from that sysytem the Zb4meta database file for Zoombrowser.

As Zb4meta isn't used anymore for ImageBrowser, I'd like to develop a similar procedure for the IBX database, presumably using SQLITE3.

Any hints why SQLITE3 can't run? Release incompatiblity?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK, regarding this topic I'll stay away from this forum then.

One final remark: the basic problem is that ZoomBrowser has been around for a long time and can contain many pictures..

It is replaced by ImageBrowser and no tool is available to move/copy thousands of picturecharacteristics from ZoomBrowser to ImageBrowser.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I have a question for you?  Do you have any reason to believe that SQLITE3 would work?  If its' encrypted, you're out of luck.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I don't consider the database to be a user-accesible part. It is too easy to screw things up. You are on your own.

Thanks guys,

It might indeed be encrypted, but I remember to have noticed this error message could be issued  for other reasons too.

However, there is a note dating from 2012 by Gunnar Gunnarsson where he explains accessing the ImageBrowser database files. Refer to https://www.abc.se/~m6695/imagebrowser.html

@André wrote:

Thanks guys,

It might indeed be encrypted, but I remember to have noticed this error message could be issued  for other reasons too.

However, there is a note dating from 2012 by Gunnar Gunnarsson where he explains accessing the ImageBrowser database files. Refer to https://www.abc.se/~m6695/imagebrowser.html

I've heard of him before.  You're way off topic in this forum.  This forum is for users.  The title of "Software" on this forum refers to issues with user applications, not programming and software development.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

OK, regarding this topic I'll stay away from this forum then.

One final remark: the basic problem is that ZoomBrowser has been around for a long time and can contain many pictures..

It is replaced by ImageBrowser and no tool is available to move/copy thousands of picturecharacteristics from ZoomBrowser to ImageBrowser.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements