cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Browser and photos in the root directory

1frustrateduser
Apprentice

Between new PC, update to Win8.1 and the "upgrade" to Image Browser I thought it wasn't working, so I've just been copying files from the memory card to c:\users\myname\pictures.  I went to use the imagebrowser today for something the windows picture manager doesn't do and realized that the Image Browser was probably was working it was just so slow to load that I didn't realize it.

I know the default download location is to file folders with the date as the name, I'm not finding a way to go to the parent folder, the  \pictures directory.  Is there a way or workaround that any one knows of?  Thanks!

--- 1frustrateduser username arose following a wasted daylong encounter with samsung (who I will never buy anything from ever again) but unfortunately it seems to be applicable here.

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hello 1frustrateduser!

It isn't possible to navigate the folder structure of the hard drive like it is with some applications, but you are able to add folders to ImageBrowser EX that you want images to be viewed from or stored.  To do this:

1. Click on the PREFERENCES button at the top-right of the main window.
  2. Click the ADD button.
  3. Select the folder you wish to add.
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply.  I am glad to find that I did not miss an option.  I was aware that I could move my pictures into some other folder, but you have forgotten the solution that I chose.  That was to go back and use ZoomBrowser, which works to access photos in any folder I choose.  In addition it loads promptly.  I have only spent a brief time using the ImageBrowser but don't recall seeing any enhancements that over ZoomBrwoser.  Perhaps if I was attempting to interface with other software but as a stand-alone product, well perhaps you could enlighten me as to what makes ImageBrowser EX a better product.. 

Regarding the Accept as Solution: are you implying that Canon restricts their search function to only those responses that the OP marks as accepted?

Announcements