cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am looking for a way to set a mask/crop before taking an imaging on digital photo professional 4

lmliam
Contributor

I currently take lots of images which i would like to all consist of a set crop/mask. But to speed things up i would like to find a way to do this post to imaging, rather than editing the crop to fit the images afterwards? 

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Masks and layering are far beyond the capabilities of DPP.  You should look into a professional image processing application, like Photoshop and the like. The Adobe Creative Cloud suite is probably as good as it currently gets for the inidividual photographer.  Me?  I don't like the idea of "renting" software for an annual fee.

You should take a close and careful look at what is out there to make sure that the package you choose can do what you are seeking to do.  Just remember, there are more than one way to skin a cat.  In other words, what you're looking to do can more than likely be achieved in one of several ways.  Also, don't forget about what you might  want to do in the future.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I use to use phocus software with a hassleblad camera. When using that it would remember the crop from the last image selected and continue on with the crop set unless i changed it manually.  Is their no way that DPP can be set to an a3/a4/a5 mask and to shoot with that? 

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

You can set the aspect ration in the camera, and it will be automatically applied when loaded into DPP. Also, you can do bulk edits in DPP, applying the a specific aspect ratio to all photos you have selected.

I just check the DPP4 manual, and at this time batch changes are pretty limited and cropping is not on the list.

@kvbarkley wrote:

I just check the DPP4 manual, and at this time batch changes are pretty limited and cropping is not on the list.

I just tried it, changed one to 4:3, copied it to a recipe, and applied it to a half a dozen images at once. 

I was looking at the batch changes, not the recipes. Oops.

Announcements