cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to skip existing images with Camera Connect

VegasCameraGuy
Contributor

When using Camera Connect to download images to my android table from my R5 is there any way to skip existing files?

It appears to always download all the files on the R5 memory card even though some of the files have already been downloaded.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@VegasCameraGuy wrote:

When using Camera Connect to download images to my android table from my R5 is there any way to skip existing files?

It appears to always download all the files on the R5 memory card even though some of the files have already been downloaded.

That sounds like a bug.  I would contact Canon Support directly, and ask them about it.  

The camera itself should be tagging which files on the memory card have been previously downloaded.  When you use Canon software to download files, the default behavior is for the camera only offer "new" files for download  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@VegasCameraGuy wrote:

Hey!  Check the Camera Connect settings.  I do not use [Camera Connect], myself.  But, there should be a default setting that selects either all files, or what the [camera] thinks are only the "new" files, which have never been downloaded before.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

There is no option to skip existing files on the Android version of Camera Connect that I can find.

Announcements