Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to change the shot date in ImageBrowser?

My Slidescanner defaults to the same date.  How do I use imagebrowser to reset the shot date to a date I specify?

Respected Contributor

Re: How to change the shot date in ImageBrowser?

Hi TheDobsonGuy!

Thanks for posting.

The shooting date/time is part of the EXIF information embedded with each image by the camera as it was taken.  ImageBrowser does not have a tool that allows the EXIF information to be edited.

However, if you find the actual image file on your computer, using WIndows File Explorer for example, you can right-click on the image and display its properties.  You can try adjusting the shooting date that way.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Esteemed Contributor

@Mike wrote:

Hi TheDobsonGuy!

Thanks for posting.

The shooting date/time is part of the EXIF information embedded with each image by the camera as it was taken.  ImageBrowser does not have a tool that allows the EXIF information to be edited.

However, if you find the actual image file on your computer, using WIndows File Explorer for example, you can right-click on the image and display its properties.  You can try adjusting the shooting date that way.

I wouldn't try that. My experience has been that the metadata you can set with the Windows tool step on a Canon RAW file's Exif data in unpredictable, and irreversible, ways. If you're going to play around with it, be sure your backups are in order first.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the warning:  I've a lot of scanned slides to  jpgs that I need to reset the shot date -- lightroom, and others can do this in a batch.

Cheers!