cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I transfer full size images using Camera Connect? I always makes them smaller

windycityart
Contributor

I'm connecting my t6s to my smartphone using Camera Connect.  I can view the images on the camera just fine but when I download them to the phone they are resized to 1920X1280.  I'd like to be able to transfer the full size image but can't find any setting to do that.  The camera itself gives me option for full or resized when sending to web service like Canon Gateway but no such setting is apparent for smartphone connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mykolas
Authority

Hi windycityart!

Thanks for posting.

The Camera Connect app does not have the ability to transfer RAW or full sized images.  Images that are transferred are resized.  To upload full size images, this will need to be done using the EOS Utility software on a computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

Thanks for the f/u. As you mention DPP is an option BUT in my personal case not suitable since I own a Rebel Sl2 and the app only supports Raw CR3 not CR2. I’ll justbstick with us8ng my Apple lightning card reader and simply import my files. Thx again.

The DPP 4 also supports CR2 files. The iPad version dpp Express does not support nothing. The Canon people must have very warm hands, because they are sitting on Them Thise years. 😖

Don't you think it would be useful to be able to send full size photos? I don't understand why Canon would limit this functionality. My wife has a Fujifilm camera and she can transfer full size photos seamlessly. 

Alexis2k
Apprentice
I'm taking photos in raw on the 750d, connect CCC and get only 1920*1080, then move the SD card into the M6, CCC connect and get 6000*4000 from the same RAW. Why?

shellbo6901
Enthusiast

is there really still not a way to send raw files? does it not ask if you want the original file or not? it needs to be worded differently, because that definitely to me does in no way imply that it would not be a raw file since the original was indeed a raw file.

The only way to convert RAW files on the go (at this time) is with DPP Express for the iPad. Learn more HERE

LonnieRay
Apprentice

I don't need the raw file transferred. I'd be completely okay if it made a .jpg from the raw file and sent that over. I simply want full sized so I can crop from my phone. My galaxy s10 has a fine time dealing with images the size of what the 5d mark iv is capable of making. Why is this limitation set? 

Does anyone from canon read this forum? This is severely limiting. Phones are starting to completely surpass what these professional bodies can do. We need to be able to publish quickly from the field. 

@LonnieRay wrote:

I don't need the raw file transferred. I'd be completely okay if it made a .jpg from the raw file and sent that over. I simply want full sized so I can crop from my phone. My galaxy s10 has a fine time dealing with images the size of what the 5d mark iv is capable of making. Why is this limitation set? 

Does anyone from canon read this forum? This is severely limiting. Phones are starting to completely surpass what these professional bodies can do. We need to be able to publish quickly from the field. 

It is your phone.  Be default, the iPhones downsize the size of JPEG files.  I do not know how to resolve it, but there is some setting within the phone to change the behavior.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I just figured it out. I had to save a jpg version in the camera. That's in the image quality menu. Once I selected that, it sends the .jpg that is generated alongside the .raw file while shooting. I wish it could generate on the fly so I wouldn't need to generate a bunch of unnecessary data but the workaround is worth it. 

When the camera creates a RAW image, it inserts a preview image in jpeg format with a size of 2400x1600px (in older cameras, the size is even smaller). This is provided by the RAW file format. When Canon Camera Connect asks the camera to hand over a full-size image from RAW, the camera simply extracts this ready-made JPEG image from RAW and gives it to the phone.
Once again: no one is converting anything - everything is already made when creating RAW. Simply extract and transfer the previously made preview. Therefore, the problem is in the camera's firmware.

Announcements