cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I convert any JPEG file to Canon RAW file

PURBAFALGUNI
Apprentice

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am new here. I have a CANON 5D Marj III along with an Apple MacBook Pro for editing. Actually I am now an amature fashion & wedding Photographer. I like to be a Porofessional one. So I want get some help from you to get rich my exprience. I hope you will help to fullfill my dream.

May anybody help by informing that, how can I convert JPRG format to CANON RAW format? 

4 REPLIES 4

hsbn
Whiz
You'll gain nothing by converting Jpg to Raw. If you want to shoot RAW, you'll to set it in your Camera. It's like asking how can I make cooked fish into live fish. You can change setting in your camera and start shooting RAW from this point on.
In addition, shooting JPG or RAW doesn't make you any more or less professional. Just do whatever comfortable for you. If you get the result you want with JPG then go for it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

@hsbn wrote:
You'll gain nothing by converting Jpg to Raw. If you want to shoot RAW, you'll to set it in your Camera. It's like asking how can I make cooked fish into live fish. You can change setting in your camera and start shooting RAW from this point on.
In addition, shooting JPG or RAW doesn't make you any more or less professional. Just do whatever comfortable for you. If you get the result you want with JPG then go for it.

A RAW-mode chauvinist like me will never agree with that advice. My position is that if you get what you want with JPG, then you want too little.  Smiley Wink

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"A RAW-mode chauvinist, aficionado, like me will never agree with that advice."

In todays world there is little reason to shoot jpg.  The software makes it virtually seemless.  The sole reason is, you don't have any kind of software to do the processing, or perhaps Facebook.  But it is still an easy process to convert the RAW file to jpg.

Your camera is capturing all that data, tons of it. In jpg, you are simply throwing it in the trash.  It is unrecoverable making it impossibile to convert a jpg back into a "real" RAW image.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

However, hsbn is correct.  Shooting RAW does NOT make you a professional photographer.

Everybody knows a 1 series camera does that! Smiley Very Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements