cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G16 video editing

TedR
Contributor

I just made a video and want to edit it on my PC. I have Zoombrowser EX 6.9, and DPP4 however neither seems to be able to edit the file format MP4 that the G16 has created. Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TedR,

Thanks for posting.

We provided ImageBrowser EX, which has some movie editing functions, on our website.

When accessing our site, we recommend the use of updated versions of the Chrome or Firefox browsers. You may access the software for your camera here: https://www.usa.canon.com/support

Once on our site, click on the search bar and begin to enter your camera's model number (e.g. "G16"). As you begin to type, you'll see your camera model appear below. When you do, click on it, then click on the [GO] button.

Once on your camera's page, scroll down. Under the image of your camera, click on "Drivers & Downloads". The page should automatically scroll down. If "Software" is not highlighted in red, please click on it to reveal the software for your camera.

Click on the [Select] button to the right of "Digital Camera Software 2.3 [Windows]". On the next page, click on red "How to Download and Install" link for installation instructions. To begin downloading your software, click on the red [Download] button. On the next screen, enter your camera's 12-digit serial number, then click on the [Submit] button.

If you're using a Windows 10 computer, use the drop-down menu to choose "Windows 8.1" or Windows 8.1 (x64)".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi TedR,

Thanks for posting.

We provided ImageBrowser EX, which has some movie editing functions, on our website.

When accessing our site, we recommend the use of updated versions of the Chrome or Firefox browsers. You may access the software for your camera here: https://www.usa.canon.com/support

Once on our site, click on the search bar and begin to enter your camera's model number (e.g. "G16"). As you begin to type, you'll see your camera model appear below. When you do, click on it, then click on the [GO] button.

Once on your camera's page, scroll down. Under the image of your camera, click on "Drivers & Downloads". The page should automatically scroll down. If "Software" is not highlighted in red, please click on it to reveal the software for your camera.

Click on the [Select] button to the right of "Digital Camera Software 2.3 [Windows]". On the next page, click on red "How to Download and Install" link for installation instructions. To begin downloading your software, click on the red [Download] button. On the next screen, enter your camera's 12-digit serial number, then click on the [Submit] button.

If you're using a Windows 10 computer, use the drop-down menu to choose "Windows 8.1" or Windows 8.1 (x64)".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you Richard. I get on fine with Zoombrowser but that seems not to have made the jump from file format mov to mp4.

I am hoping to find something other than Imagebrowser EX, while I am sure it is admirable software for many purposes my prior experience with it, perhaps a couple of years ago, was unfortunate. My needs are simple but I like to be in control. Perhaps I slipped up and overlooked something in the Imagebrowser installation dialog, it is possible. Upon being launched for the first time Imagebrowser EX automatically assigned itself as my default image browser without asking permission first. There followed a lengthy delay during which my PC was locked up while Imagebrowser read and indexed the entire contents of the My Pictures library, many GB worth. Having done this it displayed the results sorted by date instead of filename. While this may be appropriate for many photographers I prefer to have greater control over what happens on my PC and I stopped using the software. Depending on what else I can come up with I may take another look.

I investigated ImageBrowser EX downloading the latest version. Unless I am mistaken it seems to be able to handle video format AVI only unfortunately.

thenameoftaste1
Apprentice

Trallalant
Apprentice

From my experience, I can say that it is more practical to use an editor that supports several video formats at once. Using it, you will save time on constant adjustments to the new software and will be able to save videos in several formats at once. If you don't have much experience in video editing, I recommend Movavi Video Editor. I used it at the very beginning of my career as a video editor. The program has a simple set of tools that can be found easily, like in most editors. Good luck!

Announcements