cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format is not supported

katiemajor
Apprentice
I’m starting a youtube channel and i’ve just filmed and down loaded the videos onto my phone. i have to keep pressing record and stop so that i won’t get a message that the format isn’t supported. the video that doesn’t download is a kind’ve long clip. about 2 minutes or so. what do i do with out using a computer?
7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Use your computer for this operation.  Trying to upload a video to YouTube using cellular data or even wifi can take forever.  Are you using the Canon Connect App?  The phone might also use a form of compression that is not supported by YouTube.  If you provide your Camera and phone model, we can probably be more specific or determine why you are ceceiving these failure messages. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

katiemajor
Apprentice
my phone is an Iphone 6s+ and my camera is powershot SX530 HS and i just wanna know why the video i took on my camera wont go onto my phone if it’s longer than 2 minutes

@katiemajor wrote:
my phone is an Iphone 6s+ and my camera is powershot SX530 HS and i just wanna know why the video i took on my camera wont go onto my phone if it’s longer than 2 minutes

This could be limitation of the phone.  Ask Apple.  A 2 minute video is not a small file.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

katiemajor
Apprentice
would it download to my computer so i could edit the video on there? do you have any FREE editing softwares that are good?

@katiemajor wrote:
would it download to my computer so i could edit the video on there? do you have any FREE editing softwares that are good?

There should be free software available for your camera from the Canon Support web site.  You may need to have your camera’s serial number handy when you try to download some applications.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

CheyonaG19
Apprentice

mine is doing the same thing. every time i try and transfer my video from my camera to my phone it says "This movie format is not supported.

Hello,

My camera is doing the same thing also. I use the camera for youtube, etc. Everytime I record a video that is longer than 2 mins on my camera and try to upload it to the Canon Camera Connect App it says " The movie format is not supported" "Video is longer than 2 mins". I have had this problem for a while and as a result have had to record less than 2 mins then press stop(repeating until I finish my video) or use my iphone (which takes up alot of space).

Announcements