cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Files Not Saving?

AnzuNakadai
Apprentice
I just got done editing a .JPG, and for some reason I can't save. I would click Save As and click save at the bottom
It says "IMG_7425.JPG already exists. Do you wish to replace it?"
I click Yes
Then this message comes up
"Cannot access folder"
I don't know what it met by that. I can't save any of the photos that I have edited. It comes up with the same message each time.
10 REPLIES 10

Tim
Authority

Hello AnzuNakadai, 

Is the drive that you are attempting to save to on a virtual disk, remote or networked drive?  If it's not a local disk, the program may exhibit this error message.  

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

What computer?  What software are you using? Is this a camera issue or your computer?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

AnzuNakadai
Apprentice
I'm using DPP4 which is Digital Photo Professional 4. I'm not sure if this is an error from my laptop or the program itself. The computer I'm using is a Compaq.

OK that helps.

"Then this message comes up
"Cannot access folder""

You don't have sufficient rights to open that folder on the PC.  You need to try and save them in a folder you control.  Try saving them to your desktop.  

EB

@AnzuNakadai wrote:
I'm using DPP4 which is Digital Photo Professional 4. I'm not sure if this is an error from my laptop or the program itself. The computer I'm using is a Compaq.

For whatever reason, DPP does not like to overwrite files.  Either using a different name to save the file, or either delete or move the files in the destination folder.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Amber384
Apprentice

@AnzuNakadai wrote:
I just got done editing a .JPG, and for some reason I can't save. I would click Save As and click save at the bottom
It says "IMG_7425.JPG already exists. Do you wish to replace it?"
I click Yes
Then this message comes up ttrockstars play
"Cannot access folder"
I don't know what it met by that. I can't save any of the photos that I have edited. It comes up with the same message each time.

I am having same problem. Any proper solution ?

"I am having same problem. Any proper solution ?"

Try running DPP4 as Administrator.

EB

So this is a new issue, but it is most certainly not user based.

I am an admin on my custom built PC which runs windows 10. Something changed, because up until 1 week ago I was able to save my edits but now I can not and get this error.

It has to be a setting/update that went out (windows) that is now blocking the save feature. I am not entirely sure where to go, but I have attempted a roll back and it still doesnt change it. I also uninstalled and reinstalled DPP4 and nothing (oddly enough, I cant even open DPP4 after the reinstall.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

@Dustin83 wrote:

So this is a new issue, but it is most certainly not user based.

I am an admin on my custom built PC which runs windows 10. Something changed, because up until 1 week ago I was able to save my edits but now I can not and get this error.

It has to be a setting/update that went out (windows) that is now blocking the save feature. I am not entirely sure where to go, but I have attempted a roll back and it still doesnt change it. I also uninstalled and reinstalled DPP4 and nothing (oddly enough, I cant even open DPP4 after the reinstall.)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I suggest that you start your own thread.  You also need to provide a little more info about your problem, such as what application you using that will not save.  Provide enough info so that someone can try to reproduce your issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements