cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message with canon image app on Android when I try to download a RAW image.

alexpilion
Enthusiast

I successfully upload a .CR2 using the in camera sync, I can see it on my Android 10 tablet inside the app canon Image. After tapping on the image I choose Action Download but I got an error saying something like unsupported file format, or to be more exact "Formato non supportato", since I installed it using Italian language.

Initially I thought it was a Tablet issue.

In fact after transfering the same picture by using connected service GoogleDrive I could download it and 

I am also able to open the file with another App like File Manager or Adobe Photoshop.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, alexpilion!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon camera model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am getting on raw from different cameras, one file uploaded straight from camera EOS M6, the mark 1 model and two other files raw coming from a Powershot G3X.
These last two had been uploaded from ihub.using my windows PC browser since I sold that camera.
I am using the app on a Samsung Tablet model SM-T290 running Android 10 kernel 4.9.186-per-18961046.
I also tried to install the App on a mobile , Motorola Moto G5plus running Android 8.1 and the app has exactly the same behaviour despite I installed as test PhotoShop Express on it which should be able to open RAW like I do on the Tablet.

Announcements