cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eos utility is not working (Canon 70D)

tsouza29
Contributor

Hi,

I tried to use the EOS utility 2 with my Canon 70D, but apparently the software is not recognizing the camera and I was not able to figure out how to solve it. I also have used with my T2i, but it worked fine. I'm using windows 10.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Cheers

10 REPLIES 10

How are you trying to connect? Via WiFi or USB cable? I forget whether the 70D has WiFi; but if it does, you probably won't be able to connect via USB cable unless WiFi is turned off first. The camera's instruction manual should tell you how to do that.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hey Robert,

Thank you for replying.... Yeah I'm trying to connect via USB and yes, my wifi is turned off. Do you have any other suggestions?

Sincerely

Tiago

@tsouza29 wrote:

Hey Robert,

Thank you for replying.... Yeah I'm trying to connect via USB and yes, my wifi is turned off. Do you have any other suggestions?

Sincerely

Tiago

The 70D is a fairly recent camera, so you might try EOSU 3 instead of EOSU 2. The way EOSU 3 works is that it decides, based on the camera it sees, whether you need EOSU 2 or 3 and starts the correct one. Correspondingly, installing the latest edition of EOSU 3 will install or update EOSU 2 as well. At least that's how it is on a 64-bit Windows computer.

Bob

Hi Robert,

I've tried EOSU3 as well and I had exactly the same problem. I found a "workaround" that was using the wifi connection to make the EOSU to see my camera. Sending photos to PC is a way slower than via USB, but it worked at least. I'll keep trying to connect it via USB and if I have any news I post it here to all

Cheers

Tiago

@tsouza29 wrote:

Hi Robert,

I've tried EOSU3 as well and I had exactly the same problem. I found a "workaround" that was using the wifi connection to make the EOSU to see my camera. Sending photos to PC is a way slower than via USB, but it worked at least. I'll keep trying to connect it via USB and if I have any news I post it here to all

Cheers

Tiago

Are you using the same USB cable that worked with your T2i? Some USB cables have the charging wires but not the data wires. Obviously such a cable wouldn't work for you.

Bob

Yeah Robert.

I'm using the cable of my Wacom tablet, but I've tried with different ones and unfortunatelly I had the same results for all the cables I tried.

Do you recommend me to update the firmware of my camera for the last version?

Cheers.

@tsouza29 wrote:

Yeah Robert.

I'm using the cable of my Wacom tablet, but I've tried with different ones and unfortunatelly I had the same results for all the cables I tried.

Do you recommend me to update the firmware of my camera for the last version?

Cheers.

Try disabling the Wi-Fi when you try to connect to USB?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yeah @Waddizzle....

Firstly I was trying to connect with the wifi disabled without success... I will try to connect in a windows 7 to see if my main problem is on the camera, EOSU or the windows version.

at405r
Apprentice

Having the same issue but with WiFi. It:

- sees camera on computer

- click connect

- click connect on camera

- the pair window disappears on the computer and then nothing else comes up. It won't open or work with manual open on EOS Utility 2 or 3. I tried different versions.

Maybe the camera needs a firmware update? I saw one 9/30/16. I have a Mac.

Announcements