cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS webcam, Rebel SL1 not working, tried all the youtube tricks

brclinn
Apprentice

So, need help

Own a Rebel SL1. Downloaded the EOS webcam utility. Rebooted computer. 

When I plug the camera in and go to zoom, a variety of things happen.

1. Either a blank screen

2. The EOS webcam utlity logo.

3. Then, when I try to click start video, I get yellow text boxes in the corner "Failed to connect to camera, choose another camera".

The EOS Utility is not running in the background, it is not in the system tray. When I run task manager, it is not showing as open/running. 

The SL1 has no WiFi, so thats not the issue either. 

Any thoughts???

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@brclinn wrote:

So, need help

Own a Rebel SL1. Downloaded the EOS webcam utility. Rebooted computer. 

When I plug the camera in and go to zoom, a variety of things happen.

1. Either a blank screen

2. The EOS webcam utlity logo.

3. Then, when I try to click start video, I get yellow text boxes in the corner "Failed to connect to camera, choose another camera".

The EOS Utility is not running in the background, it is not in the system tray. When I run task manager, it is not showing as open/running. 

The SL1 has no WiFi, so thats not the issue either. 

Any thoughts???

Is the SL1 supported by the webcam utility?   If so, is the SL1 in video mode?

When you run the regular EOS Utility, are you able to use it for remote shooting with the SL1?  If not, that's the problem.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

According to the Canon website, the Rebel SL1 is supported. 

I do have it in video mode.

I've never run the uitlity before, just downloaded today becasue my laptop camera won't work. Need a webcam, figured my Canon could do the trick. 

Your camera appears to use the EOS 2 Utility.  However, you need to install EOS 3 to get the most current versions of either EOS 2 or EOS 3.  There is only one install package for Windows 10, and it seems to install both.  

You may have a bad cable.  The regular EOS Utlity is a much simpler app, which does not really on others in order to work.  It is a good test of your cable and connection to your camera.  Besides, the EOS Webcam Utility seems to need to have it installed in order to work properly, or at least the Beta versions did.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

8BitBrando
Apprentice
I am having the same problem. My SL1 even shows I’m connected to the computer and my computer is detecting the camera as a device, but it is not wanting to work with EOS Webcam Utility
Announcements