cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS utility on Mac doesn't see 77D via USB.

RobBehr
Apprentice

Hi Folks,

I just got a new Canon 77D. I've installed the EOS utility on my Apple Mac and connected the two via the proper USB cable. When connected, the 77D shuts off the camera's menu, which indicates the camera has detected a connection to the computer. But, the EOS Utility doesn't see the camera. Is there a setting or special trick I need to use?

Regards,

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RobBehr
Apprentice

Well, I found a work-around. On my Mac, I have Boot Camp and Windows 10, so I simply installed the EOS Unility for Windows in the Win10 partition and everything works fine. That means the following: 1) The camera is fine; 2) The USB interface cable is fine; 3) The Mac's hardware is fine; but 4) Either the Mac OSX operating system or the EOS Utility for Mac has an issue. Since Apple has announced its intention to walk away from Intel processors in 2020 and their focus has shifted to iPhone and iOS devices, I'm had already decided to move my productivity software to Windows. This event just started my migration. For anyone having issues with the Mac version of the EOS Utility, I suggest you consider runniing Windows 10 under Boot Camp. Regards, Rob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RobBehr
Apprentice

Well, I found a work-around. On my Mac, I have Boot Camp and Windows 10, so I simply installed the EOS Unility for Windows in the Win10 partition and everything works fine. That means the following: 1) The camera is fine; 2) The USB interface cable is fine; 3) The Mac's hardware is fine; but 4) Either the Mac OSX operating system or the EOS Utility for Mac has an issue. Since Apple has announced its intention to walk away from Intel processors in 2020 and their focus has shifted to iPhone and iOS devices, I'm had already decided to move my productivity software to Windows. This event just started my migration. For anyone having issues with the Mac version of the EOS Utility, I suggest you consider runniing Windows 10 under Boot Camp. Regards, Rob

Or you should try with a memory card reader to transfer photos from EOS to Mac.

That's a valid suggestion. However, I'm a one-man show recording videos and I need the control functions to properly set up the camera.

Announcements