cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS and EOS2 Utility not seeing my 70D connected to my MAC

Johnrockinw
Apprentice

I've had my 70D for over a year. When I first got it, there was a EOS Utility disc (I still have it). After a couple months the utility stopped seeing my camera. I was instructed to update and I now have EOS2 utility. Now it won't see my camera. I've reinstalled, etc and still doesn't see it. The cable is good, checked it with another device. I have just been popping out the card and copying that way, but want to do live video now. I need this to work.

John

6 REPLIES 6

Mykolas
Authority

Hi Johnrockinw!

Thanks for the post.

To make a USB connection, make sure the [Wi-Fi] setting in the 3rd Setup tab of the menu is set to [Diable].

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for your reply. I did a double check and yes the wi-fi is disabled, and still the utility program won't "see" my camera via the USB cable connection.

Hello Johnrockinw.

If the camera is not recognized by nnect your camera and computer directly with the interface cable provided with your camera.  Do not connect the camera via a hub; doing so may prevent and your camera from communicating normally.

If there is insufficient charge left in the camera battery, the camera cannot communicate with .  In this case, replace the battery with a charged one, or use an AC adapter kit ACK-E6 (Separately available). Your computer does not supply power to the camera through the interface cable.

Is it possible that CameraWindow is being used?  If so, please note that this camera does not support CameraWindow.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the reply, and no I am not connecting through a hub. This utility program used to work, and I'm doing nothing differently that I'm aware of, that I was doing before when it worked. Battery is fine too. I am not using camerawindow. 

Thanks, John

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have a little camera icon in top menu bar?

Right click the icon and select start EOS utility option.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes I have the little camera icon, but it won't highlight. No right click or any click for that matter works. when the utility was working, that icon would highlight and when you hovered over it with the mouse it was selectable. 

thanks, John

Announcements