cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam utility not installing

jbnaronz
Apprentice

I always experience an error while installing the v1.0 of the webcam utility. After the "Preparing Installation" phase, it always give me the error message "EOS Webcam utility setup ended prematurely because of an error." Does someone also experience this? The beta version works just fine but this new one does not. Is there a fix to this? I tried restarting and turning off my antivirus and running it as adminstrator to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SOLVED

ITS OK AFTER I UPGRADED WINDOWS 10 .

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Did you ever get it working?...I haven't! Installed the files but when I turn on the camera, all I get is a pop-up showing the files on the camera...not utility start! HELP!

Try removing the memory card from your camera.  This will prevent background applications from interfering.

Hi.

I had the same issue, but it turned out that I didn't get the purpose of the app/program:
When you use your preferred camera-app or program to stream or record videoes (or take pictures with it connected to the pc), the Eos webcam utilitiy integrates in that program, so you can't open Canon Webcam Utility on it's own.

I'm sure most of you are aware of that, but I wasn't, so this is for the others like me. 🙂

DiegoZambrano
Apprentice

When installing EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 Windows
I give next to everything and when I finish and at the end I cannot start the program, the application does not appear on my computer, only files .dll in the program folder

@DiegoZambrano wrote:

When installing EOS Webcam Utility 1.1 Windows
I give next to everything and when I finish and at the end I cannot start the program, the application does not appear on my computer, only files .dll in the program folder

Yes, that's correct.  It is similar to adding a printer or a mouse.  The Webcam Utility is a device driver.  There is no GUI.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

but it also doesn't appear as an option in my streaming programs. nothing. like it's not there. if i have a logitech or other webcam plugged into the USB it appears as an option.  With this EOS software intalled, my Canon still doesn't appear as an option.  Followed the instructions to a T, so it's frustrating.

Roboroy
Apprentice

Hey,

I just started having this problem. I uninstalled my webcam utility including the driver on device manager. Now whenever I try to reinstall it isn’t showing up on any application that uses a camera. I checked the device driver and it has no camera driver. 

Any update?

Announcements