cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam utility not installing

jbnaronz
Apprentice

I always experience an error while installing the v1.0 of the webcam utility. After the "Preparing Installation" phase, it always give me the error message "EOS Webcam utility setup ended prematurely because of an error." Does someone also experience this? The beta version works just fine but this new one does not. Is there a fix to this? I tried restarting and turning off my antivirus and running it as adminstrator to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SOLVED

ITS OK AFTER I UPGRADED WINDOWS 10 .

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

abject apologies.  I jumped into the thread with the statement 'same or similar' but since then, wrapped in my own little world, I've forgotten all about it being really a 'webcam' thing.

thought everyone was sharing my problem:  eos ute and dpp

I know nothing about that webcam thing.

I will have a look, see if I can contribute anything.

😞

oh.. took a quick look and I think it has no relevance to me with my old 400D.   unless it'd help if I tried to download and install just to see if it will, even though I can't expect it to work with my camera?

if that's any use to anyone which camera model do you prefer I choose?

olumi
Contributor
Solved yet ? same issues here

jbnaronz
Apprentice

I still don't have a solution for this. I just try to install the software everyday by getting a new download at the website, still, to no avail. maybe i should wait for other updates of the software.

Well even though I don't have a camera to support it I thought I'd try the download/install.  I told it I had a 60D, just picked that at random, and it downloaded.

Then I set it to install and off it went going through the install procedure.

And finished with nothing!  Nothing installed.  No error messages.  Nothing.

I have windows 2004.

I wonder what winver they're testing this thing on?

@abrogard wrote:

Well even though I don't have a camera to support it I thought I'd try the download/install.  I told it I had a 60D, just picked that at random, and it downloaded.

Then I set it to install and off it went going through the install procedure.

And finished with nothing!  Nothing installed.  No error messages.  Nothing.

I have windows 2004.

I wonder what winver they're testing this thing on?

That means it probably installed conrrectly.  The installation is a device driver, not a user app.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Perhaps I can check that? Search in my device drivers somehow?

That's all I can contribute. I can't check its operation with a camera for I don't have one to suit.

So maybe win version is important.  As I said, mine is 2004.  As of last week.  And a completely new install because it broke my old one when it 'upgraded'  (MS for 'sabotage') and I had to do a new install.

🙂

SOLVED

ITS OK AFTER I UPGRADED WINDOWS 10 .

I updated windows 10 still unable to install it. It gives me an error ended installation prematurely 

The installation succeded for me after running the installer 'setup.exe' as admin.

If it's a device driver, how do you get it working?
Announcements