cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility works on one PC but not on another

Bunches
Apprentice

Camera: Rebel T6

EOS works on one PC with EOS Utilty and EOS Webcam Beta, but not on second PC with fresh install of latest version of EOS Webcam. I've confirmed Wifi/NFC is disabled and the second computer doesn't have EOS Utility installed. I connected the camera to the PC using the same cables I always do. No clue why it's not working. I connected the camera to the first PC to confirm its not the camera or the cables. No clue why its not working on the second PC. Any ideas what's going on?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"I've confirmed Wifi/NFC is disabled and the second computer doesn't have EOS Utility installed."

Maybe you should install it.. It never seems to work without it.  BTW, Canon has released an updated version for Windows 10. You do not need to use the Beta Version for Windows, anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for the suggestion. I've installed the EOS Utility, but it still is not working. I made sure the EOS utility doesn't turn on when I plug in the camera. The EOS Webcam logo keep flickering. Not sure if that means the webcam driver is looking for a camera or what. I've also tired different USB ports.

You must reboot after the installation.  I think it is best to have the regular Utility installed before you install the Webcam.

What app are you trying to use it with?

Bunches
Apprentice
I did. I could try reinstalling it. I tried it with facebook room, google meet, and the zoom app.

@Bunches wrote:
I did. I could try reinstalling it. I tried it with facebook room, google meet, and the zoom app.

Does the regular EOS Utility work properly?  It is a good way to test your USB cable.

Bunches
Apprentice
And the native camera app on the PC
Announcements