cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility not working with my Rebel T6

Santiago_0118
Apprentice
So I’ve been trying to use my Rebel T6 as my webcam but it has not been working out. I’ve been watching YouTube videos as well as researched but for some reason none of them had really worked. The closest I’ve gotten to my camera actually working is when my camera's says to press the “camera” button (record when in movie) when I plug in the USB cable to my laptop. When I go on to either zoom, google meets, or discord, a screen pops up saying “EOS Webcam Utility” with an X above a USB cable. I’ve tried many solutions but none of them have worked. I’d appreciate if anyone could write some tips. I’ve been trying to get it to work for the past four days.
4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What type of computer and OS are you using?

If the camera has Wi-Fi, make sure the camera is in USB mode, not Wi-Fi mode.  Can the camera connect to the computer using the EOS Utility, and download photos?  The EOS Utility needs to work properly.  It if doesn't, then the WebCam will not.

You need to disable the EOS Utility Launcher before you connect the camera to the computer.  And, your camera needs to be turned off before you connecti it to the computer via USB cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Santiago_0118
Apprentice
I have an HP Laptop with Microsoft 10. I think the problem I think I’m having is with the EOS Utility. I’m not really sure how to connect it yet but I’ll do my research. I’ve disabled the WI-FI mode on my camera which was for sure one of the problems. I’ll figure out how to to connect my Rebel T6 to EOS Utility and hopefully that’s it. Thank you for the help!

@Santiago_0118 wrote:
I have an HP Laptop with Microsoft 10. I think the problem I think I’m having is with the EOS Utility. I’m not really sure how to connect it yet but I’ll do my research. I’ve disabled the WI-FI mode on my camera which was for sure one of the problems. I’ll figure out how to to connect my Rebel T6 to EOS Utility and hopefully that’s it. Thank you for the help!

I posted this statement below earlier.  Now that I know what type of computer you are using, I think that statement needs little clarification. It will help you with your investigating and testing.

"You need to disable the EOS Utility Launcher before you connect the camera to the computer.  And, your camera needs to be turned off before you connecti it to the computer via USB cable."

The EOS Utility Launcher Service is an icon that can be found on the system tray, which is near the system clock.  The icon looks like a camera.  The purpose of the EOSU Launcher Service is determine which Canon camera has just been connected and turned on.  Once it makes this determination, it will automatically startup the conrrect version of the EOS Utilty for that camera.

What is not clear from the earlier statement is that I was describing what needs to be done to allow the Webcam to operate properly.  The regular EOS Utility and the Webcam Utility cannot run at the same time.  It has to be one, or the other, and only one camera at a time.

The bottom line is this.  You need the EOSU Launcher Service to startup the download application.  The EOSU Launcher Service needs to be disabled in order for the Webcam Utility to be able to detect a camera connection.  

You can disable the ESOU Launcher Service by right-clicking on the EOS Launcher Service icon, and selecting EXIT.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Having the same problem. Bought the camera just for webcam... Not being able to use it...

EOS Webcam Utility is not showing up as a camera option.

Camera: Rebel T6i

Computer: Mac Book Pro

Software: macOS Big Sur 11.4

I have installed the EOS Webcam Utility for Rebel T6i.

I have desabled the EOS utility launcher

I have connected the camera with USB when camera is off and on (none owrked)

I have restarted my computer several times

I have tried using the camera as webcam in Photo Booth, Google Meets, Facetime, and Skype.

Nothing worked.

Pease help...

Announcements