cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Webcam Utility not working on Laptop

Dieter
Apprentice

Hi,

on my laptop I installed the Webcam Utility 1.0 as well as EOS Utility 3.0 and OBS, ZOOM and Google Meet to be used with a Canon EOS M50 camera, plugged in with usb cable.

But in no software I get the Canon M50 to be selected. I only see a USB camera (of the laptop), OSB virtual camera and OSB camera (showing no pictures). After installing the Webcam Software I restarted the laptop, I reinstalled the driver, I used an different usb port, still the Canon camera is unavailable.

In the NVIDIA settings I choosed the same graphic card (NVIDIA instead of Integrated card) for all applications (OBS, ZOOM, EOS-Utility 3, Chrome. No improvement.

My laptop is a HP Pavillion with NVIDIA (GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max Q-Design). Using Windows 10 home. 

What can I try to get the video from Camera to the laptop?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

What directions are you following to install the driver and start it up?  I assume you have the latest copy of the regular EOS Utility, which is used for downloading images, etc.

What driver did you re-install after you re-booted the computer?  If you installed the Webcam Utility again, then you probably need to re-boot the computer all over again.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Dieter
Apprentice
I downloaded and installedall newest software and rebootet again and again.
Msybe there is a bug in the newesr OBS software?

@Dieter wrote:
I downloaded and installedall newest software and rebootet again and again.
Msybe there is a bug in the newesr OBS software?

"What directions are you following to install the driver and start it up?"

You didn't answer the question, which suggests that you're ignoring the small details.  

Does the regular EOS Utility 3.xx work with the camera?  Test it.  It is a good test to see if the camera and cable are good.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I installed EOS Utility 3.xx (Installer EOS_euw3.13.10-installer.exe), this worked with the camera well (remote usage, filetransfer to laptop).

But in order to get the camera as input for ZOOM or OBS I also installed EOS_WebcamUtility-WIN10_DRIVER.zip 

This doesn't work.

Problem solved.

I had to install the driver from a local folder.

First I installed it from installfiles extracted to a folder on a network drive. The installation was started and looked like a usual installation, but the driver wasn't installed indeed..!

Hi there,

I'm currently running into the same issue you had. But I couldn't find where to download the EOS_WebcamUtility-WIN10_DRIVER.zip file you mentioned. Can you share where you got that link?

Announcements