Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

EOS Webcam Utility and 6D problem (black screen)

[ Edited ]

Hello. In the newly installed and updated Windows 10x64 Pro, I'have installed the OBS and the EOS Webcam Utility. The utility is visible in the OBS as a video source, the Canon 6D camera is connected, the video is visible. But after a while, a black rectangle appears instead of the image. Turning the camera on / off, restarting the OBS and even rebooting the OS do not help.
How to explain this and how to fix it?

VIP

Re: EOS Webcam Utility and 6D problem (black screen)

What do you mean by “newly installed and updated Windows 10”?

Are using a PC that meets both the software and hardware prerequisites to run the Canon apps?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility and 6D problem (black screen)

[ Edited ]

1. I mean "just installed, no other application, except OBS installed", "updated" means "all updates are installed" :-)

2. Can you, please, show me on https://www.canon-europe.com/cameras/eos-webcam-utility/ prerequisites requirements for software and hardware to run EOS Webcam Utility? Even no requirements for OS there, which is undoubtedly incorrect. But I suppose my PC meets, so the Canon 6D...