Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. I checked Zoom, OBS, Cantasia and the defaut webcam/ camera app on my computer. I even checked different USB ports on my computer using 2 different cables. I want to use this so bad!

***** Update: 5/22 I disabled my camera's wifi and that fixed my issue!!!!! Yay!!!!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Update - I have the original 7D, it looks as if it will work on Zoom by setting the camera on manual and turing video on.  I have some more testing to do...

Highlighted
New Contributor

Canon,

Seeing as how this is a VERY, VERY long awaited program, it’s very disappointing that most of your customers can’t use it. I understand you all we’re trying to help out the current situation we are in, but it’s been almost a month now since the program was released and there still are many device not supported and a lot of bugs. This seems rushed and it’s only causing more frustration to those of us that chose your products over your competitors who have had this function a while now. When will the G7x Mark II be supported?
Highlighted
New Contributor

*were*
Highlighted
New Contributor

I've tried reinstalling, changing camera settings, different USB cables, different ports, different software, etc and no matter what I do, my M50 will show great video for 5-7 seconds, then the feed freezes for 5-7 seconds, then works again, and the cycle continues.
Highlighted

@monorailmedic wrote:
I've tried reinstalling, changing camera settings, different USB cables, different ports, different software, etc and no matter what I do, my M50 will show great video for 5-7 seconds, then the feed freezes for 5-7 seconds, then works again, and the cycle continues.

Per the tips in the original post (page 1):

When using EOS Webcam Utility Beta software with the EOS M50 camera, we suggest that the LCD screen be open and faced towards the user to achieve optimal performance.

Is your LCD screen facing towards you?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hey Stephen - This seems to be working now, thanks.  I suspect there may have been multiple issues, as yesterday while testing I had the LCD screen out (as I checked to see if it was freezing on the cam as well, or only the stream).  Not sure what changed (well, as mentioned - I tried changing many things), but we seem to be good now.

While at my desk this works fine (since I can connect to external power), but long term it'd be nice to be able to work around this for the sake of power consumption.  

EIther way, good to go for now it seems.  Thanks!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Julius have you 'stopped' or 'unloaded' EOS Utlity.  Do that and see if that fixes your issue

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

First of all, thank you so much for finally allowing us to use these as webcams. I have an EOS R and paired with the RF 35mm, it works amazingly for video calls and streaming.

I only have two major issues to report:

1) The video seems to be choppy at times. I haven't been able to find a way to get completely fluid movement out of it and there's a lag, video is about 1 second behind what I'm doing.

2) I get frequent disconnects when the computer is under load (gaming+streaming). I can get up to 3-5 disconnects per minute in very intense scenes. When it is not under load, disconnects are down to a minimum, but they still happen occasionally.

My computer specs:

Aorus Ultra x570

Ryzen 3900x

32 GB DDR4 RAM @ 3600 Mhz

GeForce RTX 2070 Super

NVMe drive, SSD drive, USB drive, and HD drives are in use

Any idea on how to fix these disconnects (Issue #2)?

Highlighted
VIP

[ Edited ]

There are two crucial steps that people seem to be unaware of.

1 - Reboot the PC after the software is installed.

2 - Shutdown the EOSUtility icon in the System tray, on the lower right with the clock.

Also, with some [USB] ports you may need to reduce the video resolution downward from Full HD, to like 720p.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."