Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor

EOS Webcam Freeze when using 5D Mark IV in OBS

I was testing EOS webcam in OBS the other day. Everything worked perfectly for the first 20 to 30 minutes and then the video capture would freeze in OBS. I then restarted everything over again and the same problem appeared.

I wonder what was causing the issue/conflict (my laptop or my camera or EOS webcam utility)

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Utility Beta Software: Share Your Feedback

Any one tried this with the EOS 650D?

Any plans from Canon to include the EOS 650D

I'd rather use Cannon software than a third party

Highlighted
New Contributor

Porque ainda não tem este drive para as 70D??????????

somos clientes e compramos a mais tempo que os atuais, exigimos respeito .

tenho 2 Mark III é uma Mark II E 4 70D

é uma falta de respeito e seriedade com os clientes .

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

There is one thing I don't understand about this software, or rather, the need for sucn software. Virtually all laptops have decent cameras built in for FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, etc. Ditto all iPhones, iPads, and their various imitators. Ditto iMacs. So how many people actually need to use a DSLR as a webcam?

Highlighted
New Contributor

When other streamers are using nice lenses that can shallow depth of field, almost eliminating the need for soft boxes entirely with even just house lighting, as well as providing amazing bokeh, yes.  This is needed.  You may say a c920 by Logi is fine.  That's good,because normally it is.  However my fiancee has 20,000 subscribers to keep happy and I am dabbling in streaming games via OBS.  For me it isn't much needed, but she needs it to stay with the top streamers.  She makes #4k a month so its vital

Please fix this Canon.

Highlighted
New Contributor

pls add more cameras

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@Davoud wrote:

There is one thing I don't understand about this software, or rather, the need for sucn software. Virtually all laptops have decent cameras built in for FaceTime, Skype, Zoom, etc. Ditto all iPhones, iPads, and their various imitators. Ditto iMacs. So how many people actually need to use a DSLR as a webcam?

There's a big difference if you're hosting webinars and such vs just attending meetings. If I'm just attending a meeting or two, I agree with you and use my Logitech 925 or my Macbook pro webcam. You can noticeably tell the quality and noise when the light level drops. There's a distinct depth and look that is very hard to replicate on some tiny sensor so I'm really hoping Canon can push the level up to 720 or 1080 via USB. A full-frame camera with a 1.4 or 1.8 lens gives a, I daresay broadcast feel to it with the shallow depth of field and color fidelity.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: EOS Webcam Freeze when using 5D Mark IV in OBS

@hytam wrote:

I was testing EOS webcam in OBS the other day. Everything worked perfectly for the first 20 to 30 minutes and then the video capture would freeze in OBS. I then restarted everything over again and the same problem appeared.

I wonder what was causing the issue/conflict (my laptop or my camera or EOS webcam utility)

Is your camera going to sleep or perhaps change the USB cable?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

This utility doesn't seem to work on my Windows 10 and Canon M50 camera. After installing it, restarting my PC, setting my camera to camera mode and plugging it in via USB, my apps show "EOS Webcam Utility Beta" as an video option, but it doesn't actually show the feed from the camera. 

Doesn't work in Zoom, Skype or Discord. Tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling multiple times with the same result. When I plug in the camera, I can launch the EOS utility and take photos and videos, but this webcam utility is basically useless. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

@brg810 wrote:

This utility doesn't seem to work on my Windows 10 and Canon M50 camera. After installing it, restarting my PC, setting my camera to camera mode and plugging it in via USB, my apps show "EOS Webcam Utility Beta" as an video option, but it doesn't actually show the feed from the camera. 

Doesn't work in Zoom, Skype or Discord. Tried uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling multiple times with the same result. When I plug in the camera, I can launch the EOS utility and take photos and videos, but this webcam utility is basically useless. 

Is EOS Utility still running - you need to close it out in the tray or end the task in the task manager.